New job opportunity: Paper Models!!!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by hpept, Nov 24, 2006.

1. hpept

hpept Member

Dear Friends,
    today I've officially delivered my first "commercial" model. I've recently got into making models of buildings for construction companies.
    Here are some shots of the model, which is an open ceiling section with three apartments per floor. One of them was requested to be completed with furnitures. All the work was made with paper board, cardstock and styrene sheets for the walls. No commercial part at all, everything was handmade in 1:50 scale.

Overall view

Suite: bed side

Suite: workstation side

Living room: home cinema

Children room

The presentation to the customer was a success, and he already assured that he will be client again and very soon. Wish me luck....
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Congratulations! Hope it is the first of many opportunities!
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that's really great hpept!
    There can't be a better job than getting paid for what you love to do!
    Great looking model too!

4. mOONwOKA

mOONwOKA Member

Admiring Your work i can only cite Karl Sonntag, MechWarrior 4 character: You will make Your own luck.

Keep us inspired ;)
  5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Architectural models made of paper and card have a very long and honourable tradition! I am sure top quality work like this wil attract some good clients! All success to you!

6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I proposed this to the design studio I worked for but as per usual it was seen as expensive (software requirements) and not ventured into.

Their loss.

Good model though.
  7. Kaz

Kaz Member

Lovely work, film studios, theatre companies... these look far better than the usual 'artists impressions'
  8. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

WoW!!! a professional among our mists....
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Great job! looks thoroughly professional :)
  10. hpept

hpept Member

Thank you everyone for the praise and appreciation. Yes, the model came out nice and I wasted a little too much time in finishing it, but since it was a sort of "business card" for me, I chose to do it in the finest way I could.
  11. barry

barry Active Member

Looks brilliant and it has to said a very cost effective sales pitch best of luck
  12. colleader

colleader Member

The manufacture too is careful
  13. hpept

hpept Member

Thank you for your positive comments. Yes, I tried to put an accent on accuracy and cleanliness of construction. Here people are used to much less accurate and precise models, that's why vrtual models of interiors make so much success. But I'm trying to counterbalance the tendency towards real models. This is my challenge for the future.