New idea for 12' x 12' room

guppyman

Dec 6, 2001
League City TX
www.railimages.com
Here is an idea I have to fill my 12' x 12' room that I have available. I would like to build most of this to NTrak standards. I would start with building the reverse modules on the extreme ends so that I could be running while building the rest.

Other than the 2 2' x 4' modules in the center, I have no clue what sizes anything else should be. I also have no clue what kind of trackplans I can incorporate into this.

Does anyone have links to some good NTrak trackplans? Or info to help fill in the blanks on my crude little drawing?

Does this even look like it will work? I may have to do some adjusting on positioning of modules and whatnot. Depending on sizes.... I think I may have to do away with the upper right corner and put the reverse module there?

Anyway.... thanks for looking and any help you can give...

abq.gif

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
G'man - What do the two blue lines represent?

As an overall shape, looks do-able.

It looks like the 2X4 open space in the middle of the top edge isn't needed for access, since you should be able to get to everywhere from the outside. You could maybe put a 2X4 trackless module in there with a big mountain or something, or maybe a divider screen with a backdrop on both sides.

Also, couldn't the two modules making the U-turn be combined, or is that an NTrak thing?

guppyman

Dec 6, 2001
League City TX
www.railimages.com
OOps... the 2' x 4' wasn't actually the space in between.... it was the size of those 2 modules.... Not real sure if there will be space inbetween there or not.

The blue lines were a basic idea for trackwork... not necessarily to be followed exactly.... just something rough for now.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Guppyman,
Looks like the same room size as mine almost, here's a couple of plans I did in that room

Shamus/
pl5.jpg
(New 0n30)
pl1.jpg