New Homepage!!

Woodie

I must be too early
frown.gif
. Waiting in antici........... pation!

TOOT!

hmm...still not coming up Andy, let us know when its ready and we'll include it in the "Spotlight" and "links" section.

Dave Hagan

Woodie

the address is right.... just says... "Ain't built my page yet" Come on Andy.... get a move on!!
smile.gif
or do we need instructions?
confused.gif

TOOT!

[This message has been edited by Woodie (edited 05-22-2001).]

C

Catt

That werked purrfectly
biggrin.gif

------------------
Catt! NARA#1 & A freelancer for life

Woodie

Andy,

As some assistance, if you are able, try resaving your pics at 100dpi or 150dpi. This should reduce the size from 250-400K down to about 50-90K without loss of resolution for the net. and reduce the page load time for each page by 50-80%. A higher resultion such as you have, is really for fine printing of the pics on photo paper, and provides no noticable difference for the net. Hope this is a handy hint. Also will make much more economic use of your 10MEG geocities space.
smile.gif
Good pics though.... HOw did you make that long grassy stuff in the first pic? I want some!
TOOT!

kf4jqd

Woodie:

Thanks for the tip. The upload is even faster!! As for the grass. It is from Woodland Scenics. The grass comes in many colors. Also Woodie, would you want to be linked to me? If so, give you your web addreess.

Andy

Woodie

Andy,

Makes a difference doesn't it!

I haven't seen that stuff amongst the Woodlands Scenic stuff at my suppplier. Might be a prohibitied import considering it's organic nature. (pests and bugs and things), not becuase it could be considered "grass"! I'm looking to comibine additional scenic material other than the lichen stuff.

Web page? http://hompages.ihug.com.au/~niceboys

TOOT!

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Woodie,
Here is a list of materials I use on my Badger Creek.

1 - Real soil from the garden, various colours light/dark.(Dried)
2 - Dead leaves from the garden, green/brown/orange all ground up together in the blender then sifted.
3 - real rocks and stone. The stone is smashed up to a pulp with a hammer and sifted.
4 - Woodland scenics Polyfibre and various coloured grasses.
5 - (From the woodyard) wood shavings, again ground to a pulp and sifted.
The more natural the material, the more natural the layout will look.
Cheers friend.

Shamus

waver.gif

http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 05-26-2001).]

Woodie

So far, from the bottom up I have used:

Broken Polystyrene pieces, Plaster bandage, yellow oxide coloured plaster, drizzled red oxide very diluted paint, drizzled very diluted burnt umber paint, lightly dabbed/drizzled very diluted black paint, sand coloured flock, light brown flock, light green flock, dark green flock course lumpy green glock, forest mix flock (more like fine grass clippings, tallus stone (crushed) soaked in the diluted paint washes (for rock debris) black (grey) coloured plaster (for roads) black artist sand (for bitumen), white artist sand, brown lichen, light green lichen, dark green lichen (bushes/shrubs) tee-tree twigs with stuck on lichen (trees) Thats taking it from baseboard to treetop! Now what else can I use...... hmmmmmm.

that doesn't include the balsa wood risers & roadbed, cork roadbed, ballast, track, wiring, lights etc etc..

and 1 litre of PVA glue to stick it all down!!

TOOT!

Woodie

Andy,

Found some of that Woodlands Scenic grass at a supplier in Melbourne. Got some and will put it on the layout when I get back to Sydney. Thanks.

TOOT!