New HO layout items came in today!! Like X-mas

Conrail

Jul 23, 2005
WOW!! That's more stuff than I thought I ordered!!
eek.gif
I still have 15 freight car kits to assemble and more stuff to order. Now I'm a little overwhelmed. Shheeeesh...How am I going to hide all this from my wife!? The Walthers consolidated Dairy looks like it is going to take weeks (maybe months) to put together

STUFF3.jpg

STUFF2.jpg

STUFF1.jpg

SOOOOOO much to do now I may never see the light of day!

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Holy mackeral that's a lot of stuff!!!:eek: As to hiding it from your wife, unless you live in separate houses, I suggest you go out and get the biggest bunch of flowers you can find and beg forgiveness. You may even want to consider jewelry. :D
Doc

Conrail

Jul 23, 2005
I really don't have to hide this stuf from my wife Heee Heee. She's cool. I actually let her pick out the homes as she is going to model the neighborhood on the new layout. I'm getting a little cramped down in my train room now with all this stuff I ordered comming in. Suppose I'll have to make some storage shelves and what not.

Conrail

Jul 23, 2005
I am suprised how much it costs to start a layout from the ground up (Loco's, rolling stock, terrain, scenery, etc). I have spent about $4,000.00 so far and it seems I am always thinking of things I still need to get. The rest of the items I need will have to wait until after the holidays. I'm sure I have enough to keep me busy until then...at least.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Gee Whiz,I haven't order that much since I was a part time Train Show dealer!! :eek: :D

I think its great that your Mrs will be building the structures..My late wife use to do that and needless to say we spent a lot of happy hours together by sharing the hobby. :D

Conrail

Jul 23, 2005
I always remenber how much fun me and my Grandfather used to have together while he was repairing one of his locos that myself or my brother crashed up. He would always let me wear his dads old conductor hat and sit on his lap while he made the repairs.. so I thought I would try to share that same fun with my son... I think the wife was fealing a little left out, so I told her to pull up a chair and dig in. We have a good time...this is the best hobby I have ever had... don't know why I never took intrest sooner. Can be a little expensive but you can't really put a price tag on the memories and quality time with the fam. Good stuff. :thumb:

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
I'm jealous to! i never have anythign to work on for months! my model railroad is going so slow. i never am able to get out to the hobby shop either. thats alot though. how much was shipping?

Conrail

Jul 23, 2005
Just wanted to try and get everything out of the way in as few orders as possible since shipping was going to be free. I hate making an order and then remembering something else I forgot to order and having to pay $5.00 to ship a $10.00 item and then thinking of something else I forgot about and so on. You can really chalk up some coin on shipping that way. I just sat down and went through the Walthers and Scenic Express cats and decided on what I wanted and needed and tried to get just about everything I could think of, but of course I have thought of 101 things I forgot to get so I just plan to get what I have down on the layout & then make another large order after the holidays are finished. :thumb:

1shado1

Aug 13, 2005
How does anyone come up with that much disposable income at one time? Do you deal drugs for a living? Damn, I'm jealous! : )

Jeff

GeorgeHO

May 3, 2005
Baltimore, MD
It looks great. I buy things the same way. I buy clothes out of season for next year, and bulk buy everything I can to save money (you're going to use it sooner or later). With just getting back into HO again, I know what I want eventually, and try to buy it like you did. I've been buying from the Walthers monthly sale (discontinued) catalogues, and when that milk plant goes on sale, I will HAVE TO BUY IT, I think it's neat, and something that will fit right into my layout (eventually). I've noticed that some of the dealers have certain Walthers items discounted on their web sites, and quite often it's one sale in the Walthers monthly. Some of the items that were unavailable from the Walthers sale catalogue were available, and on sale, at M.B.Kleins, which is local to me.

Good luck putting everything together. Got Glue???