new here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by robert esters, Jan 4, 2015.

1. robert esters

robert esters New Member

hi everyone my names robert. had some trouble downloading on site so i thought id try my luck here hope things go better
  2. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Make sure you read the "Rules and Policies' on downloading, and everything else. The 10 posts must be engaging, real posts, and you must wait 4 weeks.

We are a different kind of site, all sites are, right? We are engaging, and want to see you around, participating. Please, post some pictures of your work. Old, recent, in progress, we love pictures, 10 pictures per post! We will be clamping down on people who seem to be gobbling up our "free models', which has taken us a long time to acquire, and never build a thing. If you have extenuating circumstances, send me a P.M.. Any problems, just send me a P.M.(Private Message), and we can settle it there.

Welcome to ZEALOT. We have a lot to offer that is not found elsewhere. :)
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Hello Robert,

Welcome to Zealot. If I may ask, What genre are yo interested in?
    This forum is a place where like minded people come to share thoughts, ideas, informations, tips & techniques, skills and talents to help promote this hobby as well as help those who are first starting out in it.
    So we strongly encourage all members to be active and participate in the forum. Now, with that being said, we are not asking the members to (constantly) build or design models (and posting photos) daily. However, we do ask that the members be engaging by making comments in the different threads and asking questions about the tips and techniques that they see other members use.
    Zealot has many members who have a GREAT deal of knowledge about building and designing (not only that, but some of the members are designers who have worked for (or are still working for) many different major Sci-Fi movies), that are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience with those who want to learn.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask, and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.
  4. Gandolf50

Gandolf50 Researcher of obscure between war vehicles... Moderator

Hello Robert...fooled me there as my real name is Robert Ehlers and I didn't remember saying Hello Yesterday! I had some problems also with when I first joined there but it was the participation aspect of things that sorted itself out... Hope you have better Luck here! I just got the notice via e-mail on papermod from your last post on download problems...Small world after all! again...Welcome to the site!
  5. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Gandof50, and Rober Ehlers, Please, as a courtesy, we do not want members to dwell on negative problems with any other forum. As they say, "stow it"! Gandof50, with the quality of models you make, Gandolf50, I don't know why you would ever bother downloading anything. That's a problem I have. I tend to build only what I design, though for reasons mentioned, I do not build much these days.

Prospective members are to make their own "Introduction" post, and not "piggyback" in on that of others. Gets confusing doing that.