New Here

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
Hello All, just wanted to say hello and intorduce my self, after a long absence from MRR (1978) it seems that the bug has bit me hard and I am now in the stages of planning a new HO layout in my garage.

I reside in the Middle Tennessee area and am the proud father of eight wonderful children (ages from 23 to 10) I look forward to reading and learning as much as I can about the new items in the hobby. So if I ask a bunch of off the wall questions please just look over me..:) as I am thinking there will be a lot of diffrent items that I may be lost on.

Here is a funny note: When I told my wife that I was planning on starting a MRR her response was " Well trains just dont intrest me at all" now this coming from a woman who plays Warhammer, terrain making, painting and Airsoft Milsim with me, it sorta struck me off (we tend to do a lot together) but I thought well she cant like everything I do, so last night I was looking at diffrent buildings on the web and on EBAY and she was watching me surf, I looked at some of the lower end building and then some of the crafsmen type buildings, and she pipes up and says " Well I tell you one thing we are not going to have Lego looking buildings on the RR, if we buy buildings we are going to put the crafsmen type on it!! I looked at her and said I thought you didnt like trains...she says "if we are gonna do it we are gonna do it right" Geeze I love my wife:)

Anyway I just wanted to say hello to all and thanks for letting me on the forum.

TN Trainman

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
Thats great! My wife wasn't all that interested until I started designing a town, then she saw that there could be layout and design improvements, now she is in on the decisions. Welcome!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Welcome to the Gauge and welcome back into modeling. Lots of knowedgable and friendly folks here so we're looking to see more of you.:wave: :wave:

My wife, well, she happy as long as I'm happy but has no interest in MRR other than that.:D :D

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
You know I get that all the time from the guys, I will admit I feel pretty luck that I have a wife that can act like "One of the guys" and the really funny thing is when we first met we could not stand each other....its weird for sure. And thanks for the welcome guys

TN Trainman

Twiget

Jan 11, 2006
Cherry Hill, NJ
Welcome aboard.:wave: :wave: :wave:
Isn’t it the truth. My wife paints all the backgrounds and does most of the landscaping. We always go to the hobby shop together. This is a hobby that we both enjoy.:D :D
Aloha
Tom

oldshutterbug

Nov 5, 2006
Australia
Welcome, as for the Wife, as I was walking out the door on my way to a Train Show at the weekend, she stuck an extra $100 in my hand, gave me a kiss and said you may see something you need for the layout, a bit extra will help, Ahhhhh thats my Girl, XXXXXXX:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
I want to know where you found these women.

Guess I can't complain too much. My girlfriend pretends to be interested, and doesn't complain about me spending money on my hobby, but she hasn't gotten involved in anything.

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
Hello and welcome to our little nuthouse :D
My sweetie had no interest either until I started. :)

My suggestion is to go to the library and read what is there [even older books will help].
Also try out websites like mine with a ton of links and all free info and tutorials. Really no need to spend good money on information.
There are so many here willing to help, all you have to do is ask. :D
So enjoy yourself and have fun. :)

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
Sorry for the delay in replying to everyone, first off let me say Thank you for the warm welcome, now to answer a couple questions,

Cidchase, Middle Middle Tennessee, Tullahoma to be exact

Kf47gd/andy, There is a couple one in Nashville and one in Murfreesboro, the one in Nashvill is pretty good size, the one in Murfreesboro is a Hobby Town and it has a limited selection.

Anyway thanks again for the welcome,

George