new here

emt49

:wave: Hi i am new here i am in the prosess of takeing down my old ho layout to bild a new one. because i made some mastakes like not being able to reach most of my track to clean or scean easy and not planing for a dubble main.

so this is my new layout plan its made of 1/4"plywood cut to 3' wide 8' long tables as i am putting 4 together to make one big layout 2" foam ontop of the plywood.the fram work and legs are 2x3.it adds up to 11' by 11' it has 96 sq ft of useabal railroad space with 2.5 feet of asile space around the out side and a 5' hole in the center . i am running mrc command 2000 dcc with a dubble main along the out side of the layout. then i am going to put in a 4% grade to ether a gravel pit or a coal mine (i am not shure yet) that will be served by a single track till i get to the mine and then branch out to a yard for that industry because of the grade i may run a pusher survce also .my main will go into a tunnle under the grade.then on the other side of the layout i want a intermodle/freight yard.there is still some room for my towns and other stuff i havent started to plan yet this is some of what i have come up with so far.

i should have my old layout cleand out in a week or two it also was a good size layout and then i will start on this new one .;)

rcline

hello Emt, from an emt/fire rescue fire fighter. Sounds like you have it all together and be sure to send pics as you go along!

emt49

rcline said:
hello Emt, from an emt/fire rescue fire fighter. Sounds like you have it all together and be sure to send pics as you go along!

well i am trying to get together but this is only my 2nd layout that i am bulding to this extrem (sceanry and grades) i have tryed to do some resurch and lurn for my old layout wich was only a year and a half old.

and i am a emt/emd dispatcher for a ambulance co in upstate ny

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Welcome to The Gauge Emt49! We will being looking forward to your progress photos. :D ;)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
emt49,
Welcome aboard! Your layout plans sound interesting and ambitious. Looking forward to progress notes!
Ralph

emt49

Ralph said:
emt49,
Welcome aboard! Your layout plans sound interesting and ambitious. Looking forward to progress notes!
Ralph

yea its a little ambitious but i got some good friends that are into model railroading also and are more than willing to help. and now that i have found the gauge hopefuly the people here will be willing to help me out with some info if and when i need it :thumb:

rcline

EMT, you better do some checking on that 4% grade and what engines can pull it and with how many cars behind it. My layout has "2" 6% grades and I'm not going to use the words in here that I use out in the train room because of it.
Best of luck!!

emt49

on my old layout i also had a 4% grade on it and i had no problems with the engines i have had up to 10 grunderson contaner cars full 2 trallers per car and the one engine pulled it just fine. but thanks for you input and i wll test it befor it becames perment.:thumb: