New Hampshire railroading

I wanted to share a few shots of my railroad in the New Hampshire section. (My railroad focuses on Boston, Noth Station and points north.)

attachment.php

Pan Am (Guilford) freight parked on a sweeping curve near Plaistow, NH on a warm spring afternoon.

attachment.php

Guilford GP40 hauling a local freight north while a PT S3 switcher handles Ciment Quebec.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Maine Central S3 #961 is positioning a trio of loaded sand hoppers over the grates.

attachment.php

The Caterpillar loader is ready to spring to life once the hopper doors are opened!

Attachments

• the615.jpg
    the615.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 144
  • ciment 2.jpg
    ciment 2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 145
  • ciment.jpg
    ciment.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 139
  • beauty.jpg
    beauty.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 144
  • grav1.jpg
    grav1.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 143

bulldogowner

Destroyer of Spam
Absolutely stunning!! A real work of art... One request...could you post a distance pic of the entire layout?

S class

the quanitity of these fine images supplied is insuffiecent to meet my needs thus I must politely yell "MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!"

also any chance of a track plan with the next batch?

Thanks guys...I had a little trouble with the photo posting. I didn't realize that the attached photos were displayed without using "insert image."

Photo1 - Pan Am Rail...pan shot!
Photo2 - Ciment Quebec and aggregate unloading
Photo3 - Unfinished curve
img 4 - paint sketch of lower layout with staging yards
img5 - paint sketch showing visible parts of upper and lower layout

The Upper layout is still in the benchwork phase. It will be an automatic reversing layout for MBTA and Amtrak Downeaster commuter trains. The green track is for MBTA green line trolley service. The commuter trains will be on a grade 5 or 6 inches higher than the green line and roadways.

Attachments

• pan of am.jpg
    pan of am.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 20
  • view.jpg
    view.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 15
  • unfinshed.jpg
    unfinshed.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 25
  • layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 13
  • boston.jpg
    boston.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 11
Sure! I have 4 sets of the old IHC/Mehano Boeing LRCs. These are the type which Seashore Trolley museum just acquired. The models are pretty basic, but I think they have good potential. I will be adding details and decals, and maybe installing Bowser mechanisms.

The two levels are isolated from each other...but this is a temporary situation. I'll be moving in a few years to a new location. If the new space allows, I will rearrange the configuration to allow both levels to be on the same plane.

While the rails do not connect, the scenery will.

craftsmaster

craftsmaster
Hey! Is it for real? This is the coolest train set I've ever seen so far. Looking forward for more details and decals.

Hi,
The mainline ballast is Woodland Scenics brand Medium gray blend. The sidings use a finer stone...and in the case of the gravel pit, I used sand.

Sand should be avoided normally since it's bad for gears, it can damage wheel platings, and it may contain iron particles.

craftsmaster

craftsmaster
Hi thedowneaster,

Does it keep the tracks aligned and allow for adequate drainage?

The Australian Model Train Guide