New Guy

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
I have been lurking around, reading for awhile, and I finally joined this past week, just thought I would say HI! I am currently working on some benchwork that I adopted when a family friend relocated and couldn't take it with him. Nothing huge, just a 4X8 table with some HO track and a mountian on it. But, I had to cut it in half to get it into my basement, so I am going to make it larger while it's apart. I am thinking about adding a 2X4 piece, so I would have 2 4X4 sections connected by a 2X4 piece (maybe a yard in there) Not sure just yet. I'll work on posting pics in the track planning section, cause I'm going to need some help! Thanks are already in order for all the info I have gained just reading in here.

Dominic

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Welcome to the Guage. Im a newcomer myself, and this place has helped me tremendously as a begginer. I couldnt have done it without the Guage. Welcome!!!

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Hi Dominic, and welcome to the Gauge. :wave: As you're probably already aware, this is a great place to get answers to your questions and also to show off your work. Good to have you aboard.

Wayne

dsfraser

May 13, 2004
If you're wrestling with doorways, you might consider going to modules — 2' x 4' sections that connect with each other. They are easy to transport, generally not too heavy, and (if you adopt the standards) can be disassembled and reassembled in different order to give a new look to your layout.

Check out the NMRA pages for formal standards, which, if you adopt them, would allow you to participate in local module-based clubs (another great resource).

Cheers
Scott Fraser
Calgary, Alberta