new guy with wiring problem

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by goatman, Nov 23, 2002.

1. goatman

goatman New Member

I am wiring 10 blocks on my new layout with Atlas selectorwith[4switches] in each section for a total of 4 section for some reason witch a can't understan acan"t isolate my blocks no matter witch swich Iuse .Iused plastice rail joiners on both rails any help please.thanks in advance.jim[goatman]
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Diagram of trackplan w/insulators marked would sure help.
  3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Could you post a drawing so we can see what you did?
  4. billk

billk Active Member

Actually a wiring diagram of what you're doing would be of more help than just a track plan. I think. Maybe. It might be a real pain to draw one up, but you might just figure out on your own what you're doing wrong by doing so.

Another thing is to get or make a continuity tester if you don't have one already. It can be as simple as a couple of pieces of wire, a battery and a light or buzzer.
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Jad,
    I would prefer a simple trackplan to solve your problem, with a plan I can re-draw it and place in where to put DPDT switches and where to place "Plastic" rail joiners.

6. goatman

goatman New Member

thanks guys for your replies,i can't draw any plans,but idid some testingand i think my prolems are in myAtlas selectors . Iget a short across all the terminals with nothing attached. Ihave some oldSP/DTswitches that I will try.let you know how i make out ThankJim:)
  7. goatman

goatman New Member

wireing problem solved

Had two wires mixed and had a plastic insulator that was no on the rail everthing is OK thanks Imust have had fishing on my mind when I was working on the layout. JAD:) ;) :cool: :rolleyes:
  8. tomfassett

tomfassett Member

Re: wireing problem solved

What? You say that like it is a bad thing... Now if I could just figure out how to take the layout with me when fishing, I would be in heaven...;) :D

Tom F