New guy here

Pine Valley RR

Just wanted to say Hi to all of you here. I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to join in the fun. I have visited that other forum (you know...the one that is on vacation!) and decided it wasn't for me so here I am. I have a nice sized N Scale layout in my basement that I have named the Pine Valley Railroad, mostly running "East Coast" trains, but I don't really stick to any specific rules. It's DCC and still very much under construction. From what I've read so far, you guys are full of great info and I hope to learn alot from this forum.

Please take a look at my pics (below) and let me know what you think. Sorry for the vacation pics, there on the same acct.

I also frequent the Talley forum on a regular basis.

Sorry for the long post:D

interurban

Welcome to the gauge Pine Valley RR, Plenty of great N Scalers here;)
Your Pics did`nt make it.:(

May be if you put the link above your signiture:p

UP_STEVE

pics didnt work :( but i thought i would say hello and welcome anyway :D im new here myself but its a nice place

UP_STEVE

i think i know why the thing dosent work...

it says pics:http... try putting a space or removing pics:

thats all i can think of, im not too good with computers hehe

-edit-
i like your pics too :)

very nice. i been at it a while adn i haev not learned much untill i came to the forums i now know what every engine is. like sd45 or gp38's and stuff so im shure theres lots more for me to learn i started my real perminent layout 2 months ago i just got the plywood done and painted looks great

RailRon

Welcome Pine Valley! :)

Fine layout you have! I suppose you built it in the form of 'modules', one section after the other. I think this is a good idea, so you can run trains anytime while you are still building at another section. :cool:

One problem though - some of the 'webshots' photo series behave strangely - the first one flatly refuses to load :mad:, and the others stop loading pictures after I could look at three or four pics in sequence :(. That's not your mistake for sure, just wanted to tell you...

Ron

MCL_RDG

Hi there PVRR...

...it's great to have another N gauger aboard.

I'm almost ready- call it 2 months- to resurrect and begin rebuilding a layout.

In the meantime, I been picking the brains of all the modelers here.

There's no doubt that you can't lurk too long before you find yourself having something to offer. Glad ya did!

Regards, welcome aboard,

Mark

Pine Valley RR

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Thanks Interurben for "fixin" it!

Ron: I noticed that problem with Webshots the other day. But hey...it's free! I did build the layout in modules. and tried to keep things running while I did it. I really can't make it any bigger, so I keep trying to make it better.

One last thing...Who's dave?

Welcome to the boards Chuck! Looks like you N scalers are over running us HOers here! ;)
Just kidding!:D
Nice layout you got going..glad to see it.

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

jon-monon

Great pics Chuck, and welcome to the-gauge!

<SNIP>
Originally posted by Pine Valley RR
construction. From what I've read so far, you guys are full of great info and I hope to learn alot from this forum.
<SNIP>

I'll bet we can learn some from you too!

shaygetz

Welcome to the Gauge. That's a great layout too. Don't mind this old HOer, I love N scale too---I feed it to my 4-8-8-2 Cab-forward and it spits out HOn30:p :D ;)

pcentral

Hi Chuck,
Welcome to the Gauge. Glad you finally signed up. Lots of good people here, so ask all the questions you want. Someone will have an answer:D . I like N scale too. They make great looking live steam trains next to my O and G gauge:D :D :p . Plus a hear the lil' boogers make great firewood for large scale steam engines:D :D . Just kidding ya a bit. Welcome aboard and enjoy the board.
Steve

Pine Valley RR

Thanks all. These are some pics of my latest projects:
Just finished the fencing around my intermodal yard using toule (bridal veil), pins and floral wire:
intermodal_fence.jpg

intermodal_fence2.jpg

This is the yard office and some "store bought" fencing:
intermodal_tower2.jpg

And finally the tower near the intermodal yard:
intermodal_tower.jpg

Pine Valley RR

Thanks all. These are some pics of my latest projects:
Just finished the fencing around my intermodal yard using toule (bridal veil), pins and floral wire:
intermodal_fence.jpg

intermodal_fence2.jpg

This is the yard office and some "store bought" fencing:
intermodal_tower2.jpg

And finally the tower near the intermodal yard:
intermodal_tower.jpg