New guy from Seattle

RobTACP

Jul 1, 2010
I'm a retired US Air Force guy who thought some of the unique papercraft models would offset working on plastic models.

After warming up with the "Aliens" APC, I started on the 1/1 scale M41 pulse rifle from the same movie. Whoops, so much for crawl, walk, run... With a few 'learning experiences' here and there I think it is coming along pretty well, but it is pretty daunting and I've a long way to go.

Have a stack of models downloaded to try next assuming the rifle doesn't end up a frustrated ball of paper in the corner...

I've already found many helpful things at this site and look forward to seeing more. Cheers!

inky

Jun 24, 2011
Coast of S. Texas
Welcome aboard Rob. Unfortunately I always have more balls of paper in the corner than I do finished models. That is the nice thing about paper, you mess up, just reprint and do it again. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your builds.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, some one will be able to answer them.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: aboard Rob, I have a special garbage for crushed pieces, such quality paper should be recycled! Welcome aboard and don't forget to post pics! :)

RobTACP

Jul 1, 2010
Thanks for the welcome. I have been busy reading many of the posts - some for tips, techniques, warnings, some just for inspiration. I look forward to putting up some pics...