New glue brand

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by Darwin, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Darwin

Darwin Member

I mentioned in another post that I discovered a new brand of glue at Michael's Crafts while waiting for the wife to finish up her shift. The brand is called Adhesive Tech. The big surprise was when I opened up the glue stick....the glue was colored red...about the same shade as my cherry lip balm (don't go there...yes I did, and one bad thing I can state about Adhesive Tech is that the taste is yuckie). Since the parts I was laminating were also red, I said what the heck and went ahead and used the red glue. Surprise, surprise....after about 30 seconds exposure to air, the applied glue went clear. Just stayed colored long enough to let you know which portions of the paper didn't get covered. Great help....lets you know where and how much glue got applied, then quietly fades away from view. Great touch....and the adhesive seems to do a decent job of holding card stock onto poster board. The clear liquid glue of the same brand works quite well also...dries clear, holds fast, and sets in a reasonable period of time.