New Gallery Photos

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by J.L., Apr 11, 2005.

1. J.L.

J.L. Member

I have posted some pictures of Architectural models begun last fall. I seem to be in the minority when it comes to building buildings on this site, but marvel at the skill level required to construct the countless small parts required for aircraft, military ordnance and navel vessels. I have it easy with flat walls!
    John (J.L.)
  2. dhanners

dhanners Member

Great work, J.L. -- and don't think that "flat walls" are simple to the rest of us. When I was in Munich a couple of winters ago, I bought a card model of some cathedral or church (can't remember the name) and once I opened it up and looked at page after page after page after page of parts, I put it aside for some long winter. Still haven't started on it.

Give me a scratchbuilt launch vehicle to work on any day....
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Welcome J.L., :D

I feel the same, everybody knows what a building is suppossed to look like. At least with planes you can have some freedom. I really think buildings are harder! :shock: And then there's! :shock: :shock:

I guess everybody has their own style and likes, and we all fit together quit nicely here! :D
  4. barry

barry Active Member

Hi John

No I don't think they easy to build those damn great long folds would catch me out in no time flat, I don't build them but I sure love looking at them.

5. Mace

Mace Member

Those church roofs and windows sure aren't flat :)

I think there awesome, and really cool build.

I love looking at them as well :D
  6. guenter

guenter New Member

Hello John,
    I have just seen your nice pictures in your gallery. You have a wonderfull collection of models! You may be in the minority but you are not allone :)!
    If I look at the Frauenkirche I can't see that many straight walls!
    If I have time, I will introduce some of my models here and: of course they are all buildings ;-)

Greetings from Germany