New from FG

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by RINGMASTER, Mar 12, 2006.

According to the FG homepage, when they get back up Thuesday, Chip will begin adding twentyfive new models. Get those Magic Keys ready.
  2. Texman

Texman Guest

I noticed on the Update Log, on 8 Mar, there was some type of update, and now it says the model is no longer available from the source. Anyone have any idea what it was?

3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

25 new? Wonder if the long awaited Lancaster and B-25 are amoungst them?
  4. Texman

Texman Guest

@ Rick, Prolly not, but we can hope. I myself am hoping for Aaron Murphy's
    F-82 Twin Mustang.

@ Golden Bear -

5. Darwin

Darwin Member

As long as I've been waiting for the B-25, that would be the end of an era!
  6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The Twin Mustang would be nice, I've thought of trying to cobble up one on my own a few times.

Not to bang my own drum (well maybe just a little...) but my repaínt of John Dell's Mustang in 402 Sqn RCAF colours should be released by Chip sometime soon.
  7. 46rob

46rob Member

Here's a slightly scaled down view of Rick's Mustang

Attached Files:

8. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

i know it doesnt have anythig to do with FG, but someone mentioned Aaron Murphy, and I'm eagerly awaiting his Battlestar! Go get em, Aaron!
  9. possm_23

possm_23 Member

i am soooo ready for FG to get back to its new self.........:) :) :)
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

FG Twentyfive New Models

I´m hoping that they might release a Ford or Fokker Tri-motor or perhaps Howard Hughes´giant boatplane, The "Spruce Goose" Hercules...

I´ll check in on Thursday, for sure...

11. 46rob

46rob Member

I doubt that any of those have made the list, but maly Modelarz put out a Fokker trimotor at one time.
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Fokker Tri-motor

Hi Rob!

How are things in Pensacola?
    I´ll try to find the MM Fokker Tri-motor. Schreiber-Bogen has got a Ford Trimotor but it´s only 1:50th scale.

Well, we´ll see on Thursday, what Chip, Chauncy and John have put together...

13. Brian Williams

Brian Williams New Member

14. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Fokker F. VII B/3m (Tri-motor)

Hi Brian,

You were right - they have got one! The Fokker F. VII B/3m, at $15,00.
    I might just order one...

all the best,
  15. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Somehow I think it will be quite a bit longer before the B-25 comes out. I have been trying to get them to let me carry a version of the B-25 on my Doolittle Raid website for two years now. The last time I checked in about six months ago the indication was that no work had been or was being done on the project at the time. I asked if I could maybe get the files and do some work on them myself, but that was not an option. Maybe some emails would get it started back up again...

16. 46rob

46rob Member

If you've just got to have a B-25, I reccomend Steve Bucher's Digital Card Model version. Buiklds up quite nicely. Available from Paperwarbirds. A bit more complex than your average FG model, but nothing really difficult.
  17. possm_23

possm_23 Member

:sad: Hmmmmmmmmm......istill cant seem to log onto FG>>>>:mad:
  18. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

FG down

Right you are - they seem to be down at the moment.
    Perhaps they´re stacking up for tomorrow...
  19. John Dell

John Dell New Member

I had also offered to finish the B-25. I believe the designer is doing it as a tribute to his father who flew the B-25. So I can under stand why he would like to hold on to it. Hopefully he will find the time to finish it.

Hopefully among the new releases will be my set of four early B-17's. I made some corrections to the Model 299 and did two Y1B-17's and the B-17A.

The Ford or Fokker tri-motors would be a nice addition. I'd like to try my hand at some other commercial airliners. After Chauncy and I did the Ju 52, a lot of people suggested we do a Ford tri-motor. I'd be willing to give it a shot at some point in the future. On my immediate "to do" list is the Boeing Model 307 Stratoliner and the Focke Wulf Fw 200 Condor.

At the moment I'm working on the nose turreted B-24 Liberator and a GMC 2 1/2 ton truck.
  20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New Models From FIDDLERS GREEN

Hi John Dell,

Let me tell you how much I appreciated the wonderful Junkers Ju-52/3m model!
    I´ve enlarged it a lot and the quality is outstanding! And so many fine schemes to choose from, plus a black & white one for those who want to try something of their own.
    I might try laser-printing that one onto Canford Silver 150 g/m2 card stock or perhaps make a Bavarian winter scheme (something like the Ju-52 in the movie "Where Eagles Dare").
    Today I´ve just collected some large prints at the print shop of Lindy´s "Spirit of St. Louis" on the Canford stock - they look great!
    The Fokker T-2 and Velie Monocoupe are also Excellent designs!

I´m still hoping for a Fokker D. III/3m or a Ford Tri-motor, though...
    Thanks for many wonderful models!
    I´ll check in again.

all the best,
    Bengt Fredén, Stockholm:grin: