New from CANON: PRR GG-1

Discussion in 'Railroading' started by jym, Dec 12, 2008.

1. jym

jym New Member

2. This is a very cool model. I would put it in the expert level of modeling though. Some of the parts are very tricky. But I am looking forward to the finished product.
  3. Man this is a complex model. You would think that a Canon model would be on the simple side. But this is a real challenge. Some of the parts are so small and intricate that I am leaving them out. You can't really see them anyway. I wish I had more punches in the larger size group it would make it easier. I will posts some pictures later.
  4. Still chugging along. I reduced this by 50% and that made it even harder. I have had to take some short cuts to get this done with a realistic level of detail. Some parts are just too hard to cut out so I have to scratch build them using the printed part as a pattern. I know it is going to be a great model when done but it is a very tedious buiild. I am building it for a friend who is getting on in years. I just hope I get it done before it is too late...
  5. angevine

angevine Member

Wishing you every success with this model. Looking forward to seeing the pictures when they are available.