New from Canon - La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by Bengt F, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hi all architecture model buffs,

Wonderful free download news from Canon Papercraft - Gaudi´s 'La Sagrada Familia' ('The Sacred Family') cathedral in Barcelona, Spain:

This is perhaps a simpler model than the Domus model, but it is most welcome nontheless.

Best regards,
    Bengt in Stockholm :thumb:
  2. Tirt

Tirt Member

it looks the same as domus
    and it is free,
    thanks canon :D
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

It does look nice. Simpler? Probably, but did you look at the page counts for that thing? But, having visited the real one, it is majestic!

4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Canon Papercraft 'La Sagrada Familia' Cathedral Model

Hi Tex, hi all,

Yes, you have a point there. Even if it is a simpler design, compared to for example the 'L´Instant Durable' architectural models, this is probably the most complex architecture model from Canon Papercraft so far - there are in fact 29 pages of parts, plus the assembly instructions, consisting of no less than 24 pages!

Which makes it more complex than for example the Mont Saint Michel model.

How do you like the warm yellow-brown color? Any comments on this? Would you say it is realistic? I made this photo slightly 'cooler' and more daylight-like:

I haven´t actually been to Barcelona myself since 1979 so I don´t remember that so clearly. However, I do remember that it had a warmer color than just plain grey stone color. This is also reflected in the Domus model, even if it perhaps isn´t as yellowish as the Canon model.

If anyone begins a build, please post some photos!

Bengt :thumb: