new? freebee

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Richard, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Richard

Richard Member

on the russian page of there's a model of a su76m self-propelled gun, click the red star to get there and the download is 'under'the picture.
  2. charliec

charliec Active Member

That's the Bug Su-76M I reviewed. I think there are structural problems with this model that will cause difficulty during construction. I remember that "rkelterer" was the guy who started a build review on the Su-76 on the old cardmodels site I think he built the hull and got up to the suspension - I'd like to know what happened then.

I probably should update the review - nice find - thanks.

It looks as though the Icegroup is recycling the Bug models - I guess we can expect Mig-15 and T-26 tank models to eventually appear. It would be nice if they finished the Bug projects ( - there were some interesting subjects.

I was curious enough to translate the Russian text above the Su-76 model - it says that since 2005 is the 60th anniversary of the end of the Great Patriotic War (WW2) they are presenting models of Soviet military technology as a memorial - to quote from the translation:

"We want to appreciate memory of tragical years in history of Russia, having told and having presented on pages of our site of model of the Soviet military technics which has helped generation of the fortieth to stand against the enemy and to destroy it."