New free Flying Boxcar & Phoenix models

Bob43

Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member
Hello again (after a long time) ;
Due to pressures of big changes – change of house, change of area (Burgundy, wonderful wine and meat), but still in France, I have started again modelling and there is at last some movement on my site www.bobscardmodels.com .
The Flying Boxcar (Fairchild C119G) has undergone slight improvements technically in the military version, and there is now a model with the livery as shown in the film ‘ The Flight of the Phoenix ‘ AS WELL AS the Phoenix itself, made out of parts from the former.
I will be continuing with a model of a (lovely acrobatic) biplane – not sure of which yet ; any ideas ? Also, I want to continue with a series of miniatures ; something like 1 :200 so prepare your nimble fingers !
Bob

Z

Zathros

Bob, I am so Happy you posted that here! I was just about to send you a P.M. asking you too!

I missed page 2 of Bob's website and found a lot more models, duh on my part.wall1

I have never seen a model of the Christian Eagle? (Hint Hint!)

Attachments

• Christen Eagle II.JPG
    Christen Eagle II.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 8

racc00n

Mar 7, 2010
Golden, Colorado
Thanks for sharing, Bob. While in the Air Force my dad flew C-54's (Berlin Airlift) and C-119's (troop carrier) along with other planes. Last stationed at Dover AFB, Delaware, I recall they had F-89's and SA-16's on the base, although he did not fly either of those. He flew C-124's and C-133's from there before he retired.
Thanks again!
jon

Bob43

Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member
Thanks for sharing, Bob. While in the Air Force my dad flew C-54's (Berlin Airlift) and C-119's (troop carrier) along with other planes. Last stationed at Dover AFB, Delaware, I recall they had F-89's and SA-16's on the base, although he did not fly either of those. He flew C-124's and C-133's from there before he retired.
Thanks again!
jon

Hello Jon,
It's so very interesting to hear about people who were intimately involved in these planes, which, together with their pilots, played such a role in regaining the freedom of our continent (Europe). Not so long ago my wife and I visited the sites of the Normandy landings - so many graves of so young soldiers.
Greetings from France,
Bob Schedler

peter taft

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks for the up-date Bob - i would just like to say a great big thank you for all the time and effort you put in to your models. I tried the first Boxcar you designed and naffed it up :rolleyes: , i tried down scaling too much and it got the better of me :cry: , i will most certainly build the new version and at it's intended scale :thumb:, i really like this aircraft, not just for the film side of things, but she's a real work horse - and a great shape. Thanks again for everything. Regards. Pete. :thumb: