New free d/l Short Tucano T.1 by THAIPAPERWORK

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by NOBI, Oct 15, 2004.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There

Thaipaperwork proud to release Short Tucano T.1 in 1/48 scale for free d/l. u can d/l this Tucano at

welcome for all comment and suggestion
  2. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

Thanks for another great free model! I couldn't download it though. The MSN passport thing killed me. Let me guess once at a long forgoten password and then refused to play at all.

3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Apologized for problem, i host file at MSN group and they want passport to access file. now i want someone who can host Tucano's file and that server will not have a problem with bandwitdh limit...please PM me if someone can help. Thank you very much in advance
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Beautiful model..., hope to download one after the server problems are resolved.

Best regards, Gil

P.S. Nobi, it's printing now! Thanks again.
  5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Good news, Problem have solve...u can d/l Short Tucano T.1 now
  6. rowiac

rowiac Member

Thanks for yet another nice free model. It downloaded for me without a hitch. I have yet to build one of your designs (too many unfinished projects already on the table), but they look great on paper and in the photos. I hope to build one soon.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

7. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Nobi

Thanks for yet another fine model and free as well :D
    Downloaded great and is just screaming to be built, a fine looking model.

Thanks again

8. Peter H

Peter H Member

Many thanks,

9. Huey

Huey Member

thanks NOBI for the free download. but you know, I feel sorry for NOBI. Whenever he offers free model, he gets about 200+ download. But if he offers a model for sale just after a week, he'd be lucky to sell even 5. I think even if he sells his model for a $1... just too many cheapstakes and freeloaders out there, sorry but thats the truth. People like NOBI, DeWayne sells digital models for $2-$5 and yet its so hard for them. One day the well will dry up and freeloaders won't have any more free downloads. By the way, I categorize freeloaders as those who never bought a single model, especially from those designers/distributors who they smooch on a lot.
  10. blitzbob

blitzbob New Member

hi all
    here here to the above, we all like some thing for nout. but dont bite the hand that feeds you. and not only the internet. support your local stockest.
    years age it used to be called playing the game.

happy glueing

11. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Nobi has done some very good model design for Ron, Marcus, myself and others and for some unknown reason his free works go like hotcakes but when he releases a model for his own sales they just seem to sit there.

His "Baby Migs" for example. They aren't scale models but they are certainly conversation pieces and a fun build as well. A welcome respit from the usual serious build the bulk of us modelers do. Well worth the price asked.

And yes, support your vendor, hard copy or digital or both. I'm still overstocked on Nobi's digital "Baby Migs" and would like to clear the folder.
  12. Ron

Ron Member

Huey, DeWayne,

You guys are both right! Nobi does nothing but give and give! He releases freebies either to help people out or to entice people to get involved with the hobby. His exact words are always 'I want to give back to people'
    The Yak in our Parts Bin is a perfect example of Nobi's generosity. To date, 644 Yak kits have been downloaded with only a handful of thank-you's!
    When Nobi donated the Saab to to help support the site,
    only about 60 units sold in over a month and a half. The model was priced at 1.99 Where else on the planet can you get as many hours of good clean fun and a sense of accomplishment as with a model? It only makes sense to support the designers and the distributors.

13. Ron

Ron Member

Nobi's Tucano is now available in the parts bin. I voluntarily did this as Nobi and I were discussing this the other day but I wasn't around to carry the ball when Nobi needed it.

Thanks Nobi for another exceptional model!

14. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

I just downloaded Nobi's Huey and the photos of the model don't do it justice.
    I now have six of Nobi's bought kits plus the free downlosds and for the work and skill thats gone in to them, the price makes them almost free models.

Looking at the stats that Ron just posted I find it incredible that only 60 Saab kit had been sold :shock:
    That makes for 584 freeloaders :evil:

At $1.99 (£1.12) for the kit, thats less than a pint of beer for in my case 30 seconds worth of fun :roll: Againts the hours building something to keep and enjoy loads of times, a download can be printed and built lots of times.
    I can now see why designers get so discouraged when it comes to designing new models.
    In there boots I would never offer a free model again!!!

You guys who put these kits out for for free download and sell the kits at such good prices, My hat is off to you.

15. adensley

adensley Member

Well, I had intended to buy a few of the kits, but the site that Paperwarbirds uses to process Visa card payments for Nobi's kits keeps on throwing my details back at me and declining my card and I am VERY carefull to make sure the details are correct.

The card is still valid as I just bought a DVD at Amazon with it and they throw it straight back if there is a problem.

As I have said before, Paypal is not an option so I am pretty much stuck, so much as I would like to do the right thing ( and have before from a couple of vendors who offer free downloads as well) I have reached an impasse.

I will maybe try again in a few days.

Cheers and thanks to Nobi for the free kit.

16. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Tony

I only use Pay Pal as I don't let my card details out on the net.

To be blunt I was reading through some posts the other day and I read two or three that had posted that they had never bought a model and never would, they only build free downlaods. I just found it amazing that they could be proud of this. I know some guys are strapped for cash, Ive been there. Thats fine but if they had it they would buy, a least the intent is there and are greatful for the free models.

I run my own business and its all a game of give and take with a lot of trust thrown in, some just take it to far!!

It just amazed me that so few took the pay model as against the free model. :shock:

17. gwssms

gwssms Member

I have purchased (I think) 4 of Nobi's planes and I highly recommend them. They hold their own against anything else I have purchased. I have not yet built any of them, but the Baby Mig (Chinese version) and Supermarine Attacker have gone to print! Please, those of you who are skulking around snapping up the freebies, get out and support the designers! That may give my credit card time to cool down :oops: Even if you only buy one or two kits every once in a while you will help ensure that these folks don't get discouraged and just quit. Happy modeling!

18. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Thank you very much for all word. i recieve 740 download Tucano overnight (thinking if change each download to each buck? :D ). i let's Tucano free to Thank you all support of my kit 8) hope everybody enjoy that Tucano. i will be rich if my commercial model have a purchase like free download :p but money rich is not important that happily rich, i very happy that modeler like my design and smile when they assemble my kit or another kit :D

what about subject of next free kit? hehehe
  19. gera

gera Member

Hi Nobi:

How about an Italian Tri-motor SM-81 for your next kit, even if its not free.......I made a Caproni 101 about four years ago.....if I find photo I'll send it. The Tucano is well known here since the local Air Service (we don't have an army or air force!!!!...Thanks God :D ) has three or four.
    The Tucanos seem to be pretty good for Maritime Observation.
  20. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Nobi

How about one of these two, you would have one customer here for both!!
    Two cracker aircraft that require the Nobi touch

Thanks for all your hard work 8)