New free card model - Canadair CL-215

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Bob43, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob43

Bob43 Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member

Here's my lifework's second and latest model (I started late!), the Canadair CL-215, again free. You can download it at . Enter the site, and click on MY OWN FREE MODELS. It has many similarites to the CL-415, which is why I managed it so rapidly.
    Since I joined this forum (with 3 other ones at the same time - , , ,, I have received so much spam, that I am considering leaving the forums. Has anyone else had the same problem? Anyway, the geocities site is always available.
    Any problems or errors (2 left wings, a back-to-front tail fin, wheels missing etc), just contact me on my e-mail address.
    I'm looking for 1:72 card model (to make) of a Dash 8. Any ideas where?
    Cheers, and have fun.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

SPAM................ no.

But I can only comment for & as those are the only two I joined.

Not that I'm trying to lay suspicions on the other two, I'm just not a member.

Thanks for the Fire Bombers..................

3. barry

barry Active Member

No more than usual and that is and and here of course.

if it helps you decide good

4. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

WOW! Thanks for the CL-215 model. It looks great and I intend to start building it right away.

Sorry to hear that you have been SPAMMED. Of the forums you mentioned, this is the only one that I have joined, and I have not experienced being spammed.

-Jim G
  5. cygielski

cygielski Member

BTW, two of the sites you advertise on your page are pirates - <snip> and <snip> - all or most of their models are Maly Modelarz scans.
  6. Bob43

Thanks for the above - glad to serve. Also about the spam and pirate sites (which will be removed).
  7. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

He could host the " Book of the Dead" and it would be his business...he did not post the links here, why do we need to hear about this?
    He offered a model, that is all...BE GRATEFUL ONCE!!!

No spam from here...unless you consider certain posts as such...
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

He was just letting him know that two of the links he was advertising had pirated models located on them. Bob appreciated it and was most likely unaware. Good job done :)

And Bob - Thanks much!
  9. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

thanks for the model! i really like seaplanes...

re. the spam, i've not gotten any from this Board, but then it may be because i didn't allow my email to be revealed on the profile, or allow the Board's option of sending me email. i don't know if leaving the Board will solve the spam problem since they may already have your email on file somewhere. any time you enter an email address into a site you open yourself up to the possibility of getting spammed, so just avoid giving it out indiscriminately.
  10. Bob43

Thanks Chris
  11. thewoodengraver

This could have (should have) been done on a private level (private message), it is ULTIMATELY HIS BUSINESS the content on his website and SHOULD NOT be discussed here, publicly, ESPECIALLY since no offering of thanks for the model HE POSTED was given.

A little tact is all I am asking.
  12. paul a

paul a Member

tell it like it is phil
  13. paul a

paul a Member

excellent looking models.I am looking forward to building them one day.very colorful too.I like that in a aircraft.
  14. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Thanks much for another nice one! I like seaplanes a lot, too. I haven't really looked that closely at the 415 yet. Do your comments mean there are problems with the original files that have been corrected? All I knew about was the problem with the 9-accessories file, and I see you corrected that already. As for the Dash 8, I have a nice one, but I'm not sure of the address to download it. The files have these listed on them; and Unfortunately, they're in Japanese, and I'll be darned if I can find the model there again.

Oops, it would have helped if I had thought to look on Iceberg's links page in the first place! You can find the Dash 8 here;

Scott K.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Phil - agreed a thanks would have been nice. However Bob does not appear to be peeved (or maybe he is and isnt saying so....) so why are you? In fact it still looks to me like Bob appreciated it. Of course its not my place to speak for Bob or Simon and I dont really know how either of them are feeling about this soooooo to Bob - if you feel slighted, feel free to contact Rick or myself directly. I am just a mod and help fight the spam here so Rick might be the best option for ya.

Dont leave the forums because of Spam -I can assure you its not coming from here. I belong to all the sites you mentioned except the one. Here is what I will do - I will register for that site with a virgin - can I say that here? ;) email account and see if I get any spam. I dont get any from the other sites....

Given that it is hosted from a free host (by the url) most likely they are using info from those sites in some way to generate revenue - unfortunately its usually selling email address's to spammers or pop up advertising. I have never been to that site and would be happy to check it out. Used to own my own webdesign business so it wont be much work to do a little leg work.

p.s. NEVER EVER EVER EVER try to unsubscribe from a spam mail - what that does is tells the person that spammed you - HEY I found a sucker - er person with a valid email address - let me resell that to about a billion other spammers. Just a quick spam tip for those of you that may not know....
  16. thewoodengraver

I am not peeved, and if you do not understand what I am saying, I am wasting my time, because you are not paying attention.
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I do understand, I feel its just being blown out of proportion. I wont comment on this particualr topic again.

I registered for that site with a brand spanking new email account - I will let you know over the next couple days what happens - feel free to contact me off list if you so desire.
  18. Alcides

Alcides Member

Thanks for the model!!!

And a note about spam: In your site you have the email address in your main page. This can be one of sources of spam. The pirates has bots to collect that addresses from sites.

One good option is put the address in this way, for example:

Instead of:

as bob43 at

19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Ironically by pointing out the pirate sites publicly they can now be Googled and found. So in a sense they have been posted here and still are. @Woodengraver, Have you ever read Tibetan "Book of the Dead"?. Having read most of your posts I think you would really understand it, and I don't say that about many people!
    @Bob43, Nice model!
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Very good point Alcides! However they are not pirates - just spammers :) Very good thought indeed. Bob - how long have you had your direct email on the website? A good alternative to listing yor email directly is using a contact form instead.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.