New forum in Portuga

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Xaniel, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

Well, I've created a forum like The Gauge for portuguese modellers, so that we can change ideias there. Still testing, creating and changing.

If any one of you guys know portuguese or want to post anything there.. Please be my guest.

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Best of luck with your new forum, Luis! Don't forget about your buddies on the-gauge :)

phpBB is great forum software. Check out phpNuke. You can run phpBB in it and it allows fast develoupment of you site. We use them both on The Ultimate Jeep Site.
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Good luck Luis, I don't know Portugesee (spel?) or I would check in there once in a while! Don't forget about us here at the Gauge though!
  4. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Xaniel, ,, Hope all goes well,,,, Did I log of in your new forum:) :) , If not please tell me what to do as my Portugese is ,,, nil:rolleyes: :D
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Saw Chris had an account and decided I better try a little harder. After a few minutes of floundering around, I got to the registration and even found the English key! Good thing we just have to enter a username, password and e-mail. :D :D :D
  6. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi jon:D :D :D :D :D better get a phrase book matey and help me out,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:
    OK OK where is the English butten?????????:eek:
  7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Sell it to ya!
  8. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

thanks guys, you are the best. any doubt about portuguese.. please... be my guest... i'll probably create a part for foreigner members what do you say?
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great idea Luis! I guess you could put English translations under the Portuguese words, but then you might have gringos posting all over it and messing it up :D :D :D

OK, Chirs, you log in (at the bottom of the main page) go to profiles (little man icon at the top of the page) then go down to the bottom of your profile page. There are 4 pull down menus near the bottom of your profile page. The top one of these four, the one just above the one that says subSilver, is language. Pull it down, scroll through the long list until you find English, and select it. Then click on submit, but yours won't say submit until it's changed to English :)

If you have trouble, you can look at the forums on The Ultimate Jeep Site. It's the same format, but defaults to english. So you can compare one to the other to figure out the buttons.
  10. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Luis, sorry to report that my Portugese is limited to "Nao vas ao mar, Tonho" and the dance that goes with it.
    But a little Portugese girl did say "You dance good... for an English."