New Fokker E-III (okay, several)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Texman, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Richard

Richard Member

teaser 3

Attached Files:

2. Richard

Richard Member

as you all can see I built yet another engine, this time using metalized paper for the entire frontside of the engine, rockers and pushrods.
    Gives it a nice shiny appearance as you often see in photographs of the original engine.

And why this engine.................well, thursday I started yet another Eindecker, did the recolouring myself, won't say any more about it, wait and see..............................................:)

3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Busy Bee

Do you have time to eat and sleep?

Jus´wondering . . .
    Bengt :roll:
  4. Richard

Richard Member

sure Bengt, already having built most of the other planes and a couple of engines really helped, got the fuselage together in no time.........
  5. Richard

Richard Member

The Fokker Factory

all 3 models now in the same stage of construction

Attached Files:

6. Richard

Richard Member

The Fokker Factory

a shot from a different angle

Attached Files:

7. Gil

Gil Active Member

Oh No!

Looks like a bad case of Fokker envy is about to break out here! Nice looking fleet Richard..., -Gil
  8. Richard

Richard Member

starting to look like real airplanes now, 'only' have to fit the undercarriage and the rigging.

Attached Files:

9. Richard

Richard Member

and a closer look on the magnificent colours of Reuschke's Eindecker.
    According to Windsock Datafile 15 this should be a Fokker E.I instead of an E.III but I don't mind, like it nevertheless.............:)

Attached Files:

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Fokker Fever

Beautiful Fleet you have made sir!

Following this thread and watching you guys build has given me the Fokker bug as well and I want to build one badly now.
    I've got about 10 other models in progress at the moment and I have set my mind to finish some of them before I start another project.
    I think one or two of these beauties will be my next build though.
    You are keeping me inspired with your excellent work, Richard!
    Keep them pics coming, I just can't get enough of your beautiful craftsmanship, sir!

11. Richard

Richard Member

thanks for the kind words!
    As for models in progress, I have the same problem and everytime I want to start on one, somebody puts another great freebee on the internet.

12. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Great job! I'm looking forward to some tips on the rigging.
  13. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Reuschke´s Fokker E.I

Beautiful work, Richard,

There is no question now about who our 'squadron leader' will be!

I was thinking - if you should really want to make it into an E.I, all you have to do is shorten the fuselage one section in length and scrape away or paint over the two 'I' numbers on the sides. Just a thought . . .

On the other hand, it might be difficult to join the slightly tapered fuselage ends together . . .

I think the wings were also slightly shorter on the first model but the difference is not so great here as it is on the fuselage length.

Either way, your Eindeckers are just 'wunderschön'!
    Bengt :-D
  14. Richard

Richard Member

these alterations have also crossed my mind, but in the end I decided to leave it this way, otherwise I would also have to design a new engine for it(7cylinder Oberursel)............

By the way, for all interested, the plane with the English markings is the E.III 210/16 which is the plane that now is in the Science Museum in London. There are very few pictures of it in English markings and they were applied only untill the plane was shipped to England when it got it's Iron Crosses back.

I sent the file with the recoloured file to Cardplane and they're going to put it in the 'Fokker-library' as well.
    Just keep an eye open on their updates.

15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's great news Richard!
    That might be the one that I choose or at least one of the two I choose!

16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

NEW: Fokker E.III No. 210/16 In British Markings Available!

Harken all Fokker builders - Richard´s new Fokker is available!

I just checked the
    Fokker E.III page at Modele-Kartonowe - and sure thing, there it is in all it´s glory; the 'captured' Fokker E.III nr. 210/16 in rare British Markings!

Congrats on a wonderful piece of work, Richard - you´re a card model wizard of the highest degree!

I´m sure you all agree,
    Bengt :smile:

PS: Now there is one more to build . . .

(edited in: PS PS. As if this achievement isn´t enough, Richard has also done a recolouring of the Morane Saulnier type N "Bullet", now also available in French colours from the same web site!)
  17. Richard

Richard Member

thanks for mentioning the new downloads and for those who don't read this thread I'll put a new note on the forum

18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks Richard!

Very well done.

I am going to start with your version first!

With your engine design as well! (Of course!)

19. Richard

Richard Member

Ok Russell,

why not build the Morane alongside of it in a new thread, perhaps some other members will join in. I for sure will because I've already made a start on it.
    No pictures yet because I borrowed my camera to a friend for a couple of days.

20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Now that would be very interesting indeed!

Not only have I never built an Eindecker or a Morane Saulnier, I've never built any kind plane yet!
    Start building planes by tackling two different ones at the same time?! :???: (Hits self in forehead with palm!) Oy Vey!

I have a couple hundred freebies and have even purchased about 50 different planes, but I have yet to build one. :cry:

Well... let me think about this... do I really want to embarass myself in front of everybody? hmmm....:oops:

I'm still thinking about this one...:roll:

Well, I have to start building planes sometime right? :wink:

I did'nt spend all that money for nothing! 8)

Besides, I think I am running out of emoticons! :grin:

I will take this as a personal challenge!
    Besides, I am in good company and have all the best people in the world of card modeling at my disposal!

I shall start laminating card right now!
    Well, after a couple minutes of prayer! :)

Russell (Pushing Lens Head to the side)