New Fokker E-III (okay, several)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Texman, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

Just happened to nose around the site,
    and noticed a new Fokker Eindecker E-III, in 13 schemes!!

2. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

3. smsuski

smsuski Member

Yeah there some awesome models
  4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Fokker E. III New Versions!

Yihaa, Texman!!!

Thanks for the link!
    I had planned to build the E. III, being a crazy Fokker buff... I already printed out the basic scheme a long time ago.
    This was really good news! I´ve already downloaded all of them - they are all very nice.
    Which one to start with?
    It´s a pity Oswald Boelke´s machine isn´t one of them...

5. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

ive designed and simple Eindecker that can fly quite well. send an email to :) may take a while to respond though (pretty busy for next week) so dont expect anything soon.
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Flying Fokker E. III

Hi histbuff!

How large is it? Is it an RC model? Electrical or gas powered?

jus´wanna know...
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hmmm....must be a long day...I didn't see any link.:cry:

8. gwssms

gwssms Member

9. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks so much, Gary!

10. Texman

Texman Guest

Now Jim, the information was there, I just didn't put the www. in front
    of it. Oh, no, wait, I did. It was just in 1/144 scale type!!!

11. Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Ray!:)

I must have been on a mental holiday yesterday.... I spent a good deal of time searching the Polish site looking for this download.:grin: Now I know to use my magnifiers when reading your posts.:rofl:

This is a wonderful array of configurations for this superb model! What say we all pick one version and build them, and post photos to this thread? I think it would make a great thread, and I could learn a lot from how you all build your version (selfish motivation in the open :twisted: ) The rigging on this airplane has always made it a very attractive subject to me, but I never tried to build one...I've got dibs on the Udet version!:grin:

12. Texman

Texman Guest

Well, it's about 6 kits back in the que, but I dib the red one!

13. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

Bengt Fredén, the model is in paper. free flight glider :) not to any particular scale but flies quite well. the wing span is about 7.5"
  14. Brian Williams

Brian Williams New Member

i'd like to build the LT. Rauschke LF 70's pretty!
  15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Fokker E. III Eindecker free flying glider

Hi histbuff,

That sounds really interesting! It´s not every day that someone comes up with a flying design of their own!
    Could you perhaps post a picture of your flying model?

Keep up the good work.

Is it something like this?:

Attached Files:

16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

The Fokker Eindecker Modeling School

Guten Abend, Herr Krauzlis!

I will also pick up the gauntlet and accept the challenge!
    I dib the grey one - the nr 422/15 plane with the red/white wheels of the German Air Service!
    I think it´s a great idea, Jim, to pick one each and exchange views and ideas while we build them! We can learn a lot through building together.

I wonder who dares to dib the green one with the SPOKED wheels..?

17. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

18. Jim Krauzlis

19. Jim Krauzlis

Guten Abend, Herr Freden!:)

There have been a few wonderful threads here a while back on making spoked wheels. Here's one by Eric where the pictures are still intact:
    One of the best tutorials I have seen, to be sure!

Gil made a wonderful spoked wheel here as well:

Just some ideas...:grin:

BTW, we must have started something, because the modele-kartonowe site has exceeded it's bandwidth!

20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member Fokker E. III Building Collective

Guten Abend, Jim, Ray, Brian and alfadoc!

Yes, we (and others, too) have certainly responded well to Modele-Kartonowe´s Fok E. III release... I´m glad I downloaded all the versions yesterday morning. It was impossible to access the site THIS morning!
    (There are links at, too...)
    I was just going to post the link to Dragan Salers illustrations, which I found at (posted by Andreas, Vienna) but now I don´t have to.

Eric Goedkoop´s instruction of how to build spoked wheels is an amazing piece of work! He was kind enough to mail me a Word-doc. just before Christmas. I was thinking of this when I mentioned the green version. How good of you to post the original thread, with all the instructive illustrations and photos!
    Now we have information in abundance to work from.

And the fine photos of the only existing original E. III from The Science Museum in London that you found are FOR SALE, by the way (§10,00 for twelve), at Fokker-Team-Schorndorf! Good work, Jim...

There are also some good additional information on the Fokker-Schorndorf site. They are building a FULL SCALE Fokker E. III (see the photos of the ongoing work on the fuselage frame and the rudder), as well as TWO Fokker D. VIIs and TWO Fokker Dr. 1s, of which one of each are for sale to the highest bidder (starting at $120,000,00 for the D. VII!)
    How about a real flying D. VII of your own, Jim? Or, if you want something nice on your living room wall - how about a hand-built, laminated wooden propeller? Place your orders at:

Below, I attach a couple of photos of Fokker E. III production at the former Fokker-Werke at Schwerin (credit: Fokker-Team-Schorndorf).
    Oh, by the way, at, moderator Ernst has posted a picture of the machine gun used on the early Fokkers!

Der Fokker Flieger

Attached Files: