New File posted to the parts bin, NCTS Chevy truck

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by rickstef, Mar 15, 2005.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

Finally for all of us who love the smell of burning rubber, a great freebie.

Robert Arosteguy, a fellow member, has designed a 1:28 scale Nascar Craftsman Truck Series Chevy Silverado pickup, driven by David Starr.
    #75 Spears/NRA sponsored truck.

it is one of the bigger files in the parts bin, 3.5 megs.

Enjoy, I know i will

2. sfroese

sfroese New Member

That is a great looking model - I personnally would like to see more NASCAR models. The only question I have is how I'm going to print it. It looks like the two PDFs are two different page sizes that are both larger than 8.5"x11".

It doesn't appear that "Fit to page" will work in this siutation.

Anybody have any ideas?

3. Ron

Ron Member

Hi Scott

If you can, Print Shop Pro, Photoshop or the Gimp wil all open pdf files
    that are unlocked. You can cut and paste parts from the original sheets
    onto blank pages within these programs and then print them out at full size.

Hope this helps

4. sfroese

sfroese New Member

Thanks for the tip. I just took the plunge into Linux a couple of weeks ago and had no idea the Gimp could open PDF files.

It never fails - I learn something new everyday...

5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I have printed the truck, and current working on it

i used acrobat and used the fit oversized to paper size, scaled it down to 96%, that is the main sheet of body parts.

I then used my HP printer and their zoomsmart, and reduced the wheels and bottom to 96% also, now i have a perfect fit, the sides of the truck are the same length as the floorpan, and the rear is the same width as the tail gate.

Epson and other printers i have not tried(as the epson is the only one i have)

Let me know if you need any more help

6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I have just posted 3 pictures in my album

I had a great time building this truck.

hope this inspires

7. rowiac

rowiac Member

Nice build. This is exactly what we need here, more cars and trucks to compete with all the planes and ships. I liked the Dakar trucks in your album too. Hadn't noticed those before.

8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I totally agree, I am glad you like the truck, it is a fun build.

Robert did a fantastic job in designing, now just more paint jobs.

9. dannyt

dannyt New Member

Help in locating truck file

I went and could not find the file or post for the NCTS truck. Did I overlook it or has it been removed.
  10. Darwin

Darwin Member

Danged good question. Fess up, Rick.
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

i will check with Robert, and see what we can do about that