New Feature Added - YouTube Videos in Posts

This is a new feature.... over the past few months I've seen quite a number of really nice videos on YouTube. Our new gallery will have the ability for you to upload videos directly. We do get some links to videos on YouTube posted here still, so I was thinking, how nice if we could just post the video. So, now you can.

The usage is a couple of steps, you'll need to remember the BB Code, the title for the video and the YouTube ID# for the video (the video's code is what you'll see in the url after the =).

Here's an example....
PHP:
[youtube=Mansfield Yard]vrZR1FFgEn8[/youtube]
And, here's what it will look like live....
[youtube=Mansfield Yard]vrZR1FFgEn8[/youtube]

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Verry cool!
With the lawsuits against Google and YouTube made by Viacom, I'd like to serve a word of warning however. If it's a copywrite violation against YouTube, it will be one against the Gauge as well. Be sure the vids are original and not copies of TV shows, movies, music vids, or whatever.

That being said, it will be a great tool for people to post vids of their layouts this way! :thumb:

But, you know what, it would probably be a polite thing if anyone posts about a video here to make a comment on YouTube to let the guy who did the video know that we're sharing it here, and link to the post so he'll know where to look. That way, he'll have the opportunity to ask us to remove it if he doesn't like us sharing his video.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains

I'm not actually talking about linking to YouTube so much as I am talking about what content you link to from YouTube. There is a lot of copywrited material that is up illegally on YouTube and linking to it here could bring about just as much liability for the Gauge as it has for YouTube. For instance- linking to someone's layout video is OK but linking to a video of a video of Elvis singing Mystery Train would be a violation of copywrite.

But, you know what, it would probably be a polite thing if anyone posts about a video here to make a comment on YouTube to let the guy who did the video know that we're sharing it here, and link to the post so he'll know where to look. That way, he'll have the opportunity to ask us to remove it if he doesn't like us sharing his video.

That is probably a good idea and polite if nothing else.
YouTube tells you if a video has been linked but not where it was linked to.

I'm going to bed now. It's 12:30 AM and I have to be up at 4:30.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............................