New Factory On The 4 Sisters Branch

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Drew1125, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Here's a look at some of the progress I've made on the Leigh Foods plant.
    I wanted a busy loading dock, but didn't have room to build one on the side of the building, so after some brainstorming, I hit upon the idea of cutting a hole in the side of the building, & building the dock INSIDE the structure...This is pretty much all I have completed so far.

Attached Files:

2. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Lookin' good, Charlie! I really like the weathering on the brickwork, too. Great detail!

-Rory
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

Geez Charlie,this style of loading dock seems to be catching on.:D I'm liking it tooooooooooooooo.:D
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Where do you keep coming up with all these great ideas? If my R.R. was industrial instead of rural I'd steal this idea too. It looks great, has real eye appeal Charlie! :cool:
  5. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Charlie that came out great, awesome detailing, especially the clutter of freight.

Bill
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks everyone!
    Rory,
    I started by spraying the building flat white. Then I brushed on some slightly thinned Polly Scale Boxcar Red. After that dried, I painted the foundation Polly Scale Concrete. The last step was to cover everything with a very thin wash of Polly Scale Aged White, & then wipe it off with a rag.
    I didn't notice until I posted the picture that there are some spatters of black paint that I need to go back & touch up.:eek:
    I worked on the structure til late last night...it's coming along...details, details, details! I'll try to get a picture of the whole thing up soon.
  7. nmtexman

nmtexman Member

Charlie, leave those splatters alone. How many docks have you seen that have stains on the side where the trucks got too close or someone poured out their coffee or coke!
    :D :D Bob
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hi Bob!
    Those spatters on the foundation don't really look like spills...(not in 1/160 scale, anyway :D )...but you just gave me a great idea! Thanks!
  9. nmtexman

nmtexman Member

I think a loading dock anywhere should look as grungy as possible. The only pristeen ones I've ever seen are newly built ones!

Bob