New Factory On The 4 Sisters Branch

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Here's a look at some of the progress I've made on the Leigh Foods plant.
I wanted a busy loading dock, but didn't have room to build one on the side of the building, so after some brainstorming, I hit upon the idea of cutting a hole in the side of the building, & building the dock INSIDE the structure...This is pretty much all I have completed so far.

Attachments

• mvc-016f.jpg
    mvc-016f.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 122
C

Catt

Geez Charlie,this style of loading dock seems to be catching on.:D I'm liking it tooooooooooooooo.:D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks everyone!
Rory,
I started by spraying the building flat white. Then I brushed on some slightly thinned Polly Scale Boxcar Red. After that dried, I painted the foundation Polly Scale Concrete. The last step was to cover everything with a very thin wash of Polly Scale Aged White, & then wipe it off with a rag.
I didn't notice until I posted the picture that there are some spatters of black paint that I need to go back & touch up.:eek:
I worked on the structure til late last night...it's coming along...details, details, details! I'll try to get a picture of the whole thing up soon.

nmtexman

Nov 8, 2001
Albuquerque NM
Visit site
Charlie, leave those splatters alone. How many docks have you seen that have stains on the side where the trucks got too close or someone poured out their coffee or coke!
:D :D Bob

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Bob!
Those spatters on the foundation don't really look like spills...(not in 1/160 scale, anyway :D )...but you just gave me a great idea! Thanks!