new engines being added to my rock island fleet!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Jun 25, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i just ordered from walthers two life like proto N gp38-2. road number 4374 and 4379. they are in the blue and white colors. these will be my first proto N engines, i hope i will like them.

got a good deal on them. retail is 99.98 each, they was on sale for 56.98 each. got 2 for the price of last two that they had. i already have an E7 and an E8 for my passanger lines, now i will have some engines to pull my freight cars around with.
  2. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

I have a lot of the Proto N locomotives. They run well, I have no complaints. I'm sure you'll like them.:thumb:
  3. berraf

berraf Member

Did you got your new locos?
    It will be good taking part of your opinion about them :wave:
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

yes i got them. one runs ok, not broke in yet. the other , the front truck will not stay on the track, i will put it on give it power and the back wheels of the front truck will lift off the track and then derail on curves.
  5. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Member

Seems like something in the drive train might be misaligned. Also could be that the front truck is not properly seated into the mechanism.

I don't have any of these particular locos so I can't be that specific, but I have had that issue with other models from other brands.