NEW ENGINE

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by mxmx995, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mxmx995

mxmx995 New Member

HEY Im just brought a new kyosho ultima gp stadum truck and i wanted to know if the GX-15 engine is fast or should i get the o.s .15 cv-x.or traxxas 2.5 and would the fit?
    $$$:(GX-.15=$150)
    (o.s .15=$80)[?]
    (traxxas 2.5=160)
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

go with the o.s .15 cvx. only because i have seen really good reviews on it and its fast.
  3. Steve M

Steve M Member

OS quality is very hard to beat. The Traxxas 2.5 motor seems to be very powerful as well and it comes with a nice warranty too. I'd run the GX-15 until it wears itself out first before upgrading.
  4. mxmx995

mxmx995 New Member

what will the o.s give me in accelaration speed & top speed more or less than GX.15 or traxxas 2.5
  5. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

6. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

Try the Epic .18. I'm going to get it for my stadium truck. They say it has 1.8hp @ 39,00RPM. It should fit anywhere a small block could fit. Also it has a low price, $140.
  7. oliver

oliver New Member

If I can make a suggestion,Get yourself an R&B motor,I ve been doing 1/8 scale buggy racing for 6 years and used OS and R&B motors and R&B ROCKS!!!!!!

If you know anything about aircraft,Check out or find out about a Nova rossi Motor (usually used for the F1 airplanes).R&B is Nova Rossi motors tuned to perfection... Here is an example of one http://www.gpracing.de/ENGMonster_Trucks/R_B/r_b.html
  8. Use the engine you have until it wears, and the os will depend on the gears you use
  9. dudex

dudex Member

I agree with danny. If this is your first car, make your mistakes with the stock engine, not a nice new one. I would buy the os just because they are easier to tune. If you want more power than the .15cvx then get the .15cvrx.
  10. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Be wary of the traxxas 2.5. They have lots of probs with premature wear and lots of bad piston/sleeves. The plastic bodies on the carbs are prone to hairline fractures too. Also I have been seeing alot of carb binding due to the fact that the slide digs into the plastic body of the carb although that isnt hard to fix.
  11. luch90

luch90 Guest

get a fantom fr15 and dont look back fantom motors fly[8D]
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

If you want a good, reliable engine go with an OS or NovaRossi, both are great and easy to tune and deliver great power.
  13. DangerRanger

DangerRanger New Member

WHEREdo i get the ?o.s .15=$80)[?]Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.