New Engine

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Killer R2, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Killer R2

Killer R2 New Member

I was wondering, is it possible to get a new engine for O scale that works pretty well? If so, can I get one for under $100? Thanks
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

A new O gauge under $100? About the closest you will find are probably the Lionel Copper Range or US Steel switchers. Those run about $109. From what I've read about them, they seem to be fairly good little engines. If you want something bigger, you might catch a new engine on eBay for under $100 but it's not too likely.
  3. Elcoholic

Elcoholic New Member

4. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

You said O scale, did you mean 2 rail? Or 3 rail. 3 rail it is possible, doubtful in 2 rail.
  5. Cannonball

6. Elcoholic

Elcoholic New Member

I have one. They're great.....BIG bang for the buck and they come with "Truesounds!"
  7. Elcoholic

Elcoholic New Member

8. Elcoholic

Elcoholic New Member

Last post and then I'm going to bed...............

Yes, the 44-tonner will easily run on O27 track.

Yes, you CAN get a brand new 2-rail engine for under $100........mine! I have a NIB Atlas 2-rail switcher that I'll let go cheap to a good home. I have no use for it. Photos available. Email if interested.
  9. Cannonball

Is the Trueblast comaptible with Lionel transformers like the CW80 or is it like a DCC thing?
    I didn't see it listed but I'm sure they have a reverse somewhere?

I've seen the website with your yacht. She's definately a beauty! I can tell you put a lot of time, care, (and money!) into that restoration. :thumb:
  10. Geno

Geno Member

11. Cannonball

12. Elcoholic

Elcoholic New Member

I just ordered another Williams 44-tonner from to replace the one that bit the concrete last night......the perils of a basement floor. The plan is to scrap-out the 44-tonner and make a twin-motored version of the new one, using the old "Trueblast" module in some other Williams engine that doesn't have that feature.........all that for $85!

If you want one, you might want to call soon......a lot of the "in stock" engines are actually out of stock.

(....then there was the time that a Williams FA-1 Super Chief took a dive from the track along the ceiling and landed on three Plasticville Cape Cod houses. Total THAT'S realism!)

(I wonder if anyone ever told God that his models aren't very prototypical?)
  13. Cannonball