New Empire/lower level

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by mttrain, Dec 12, 2006.

1. mttrain

mttrain New Member

Hello everyone...

Sometime in the new year, construction will begin on a new house, and some real estate has been appropriated... err, leased... for the dream layout in the basement. I negotiated a 14' x 34' area :D.

The layout will be freelanced and be set in the transition era... so I kept the curves 20" and larger - "N" scale.

Here's the lower level. No industry tracks have been put in place yet, and nothing is set in stone.

Wonderful site you have here - Lot's of great ideas and information.

-- Mike
    Link to large pic
  2. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

Welcome aboard!!!
    Ya might wanna edit the above link and take out 1 of the http: references.:thumb:
    I wanna see the upper level!!
  3. nolatron

nolatron Member

4. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

The schematic shows that it's a good basic design.... for a complete layout. What's the upper level going to be like? Only then can I comment adequately on whether the design is good, missing something, or redundant.
  5. mttrain

mttrain New Member

Oooppps... link fixed...

I'm still working on the upper level, which will represent a branch line, most likely more rugged mountain terrain and some mining operations and lighter through traffic. The plan is for a steel mill on the lower level just outside Taylor along the 14' wall, giving an onsite destination for some coal and ore.
  6. viperman

viperman Active Member

Looks good to me!