New EMD's for the SM&CH

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by sumpter250, Mar 24, 2002.

1. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

The Sagaponack Montauk & Cindys Harbor Railroad was brought into the modern era with the aquisition of these two new EMD locos, shown with a short cut of cars, on the old branch, past the steam facility.

Attached Files:

2. sumpter250

here's a closer shot of the locos;

Attached Files:

3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice, both the locos and the scene!:cool:
  4. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Cool! Got that whole 7UP thing going, Lemon and Lime! LOL!:D :p

They do look good though. My three should be outta the paint shop soon. Now I gotta get off me hind end and get some webspace.:rolleyes:
  5. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Nice lookin' locos. Great lookin' scene!

My life is a little more complete now that I've seen a yellow coaling tower. :)

-Rory
  6. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

kewl looking set, Sumpter! Their first run with zero miles on the clock! :D
  7. RI541

RI541 Member

I was like realy tired last night and when I saw your pics I was looking at the locos and was going to ask you how you made the muddy water in the pond.Then in the next pic I relized it was your facia board. The screw head gave it away. If you look at the two locos and nothing else you'll see what I mean.:) :)

Cool looking seen,I wish my layout would get progressing soon.

Shane
  8. mrgooch

mrgooch Member

What kind of EMD

You don't mention the model EMD. Who made them.What did you spend? I won't tell yor wife.
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Nice looking Railroad you have sumpter250, and I love the name (Sagaponack Montauk & Cindys Harbor Railroad ) Who's Cindy?

[​IMG]
  10. sumpter250

Shamus,
    Sagaponack is a small community on the east end of Long Island, N.Y.. Montauk point is at the end of the south fork of the island. Cindys Harbor is a variation of Cundys Harbor, Maine, at the time of naming the railroad, Cindy and I were married. We've been divorced nine years now. I worked too hard creating the logo to change the name now. I may revert the "unlogoed" steam era back to Sagaponack Montauk.
  11. sumpter250

mrgooch,
    I didn't mention the model EMD.
    I made them, kitbashed from Athearn and Rail Power.
    The cost of locos, shells, and detail parts was about $80 U.S. each.
    Pete