new drift tirE?

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by chromecarz00, Jan 16, 2007.

1. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

im currently in the process of designing a new r/c drift tire. I dont know whether it will have rings or not, since im still designing it, but it will have this one cool feature which no other r/c drift tire ive encountered has; it will smoke. meaning that it will have a much more realistic drift look, which, of course, is good...im sure you know what thatll mean. prices tentatively are:
    carbon fiber rims, $30-35/pair, plastic $20-25. would you buy this kit? please let me know so i can plan whether to make this or not. if anybody knows how to put this into a poll, please let me know and do so.
  2. jareb

jareb Guest

sounds pretty cool man, Im sure there would be a huge market for it. If you can make some in a good quantity, try placing an ad in RC car action or some of the other mags when you get the bugs worked out. Right now I have to settle for using a nitro car for my smoke filled drifting. I need to make a rear exhaust setup for it though so its more realistic. The yokomo drifter I saw had a rear exhaust and it made it look very realistic. I wish the engine manufacturers would make some mutli cylinder 4stroke rc engines designed for cars. I spend 5 or 600 dollars to buy one of those bad boys. I sent traxxas, O.S., and Ofna emails about that and they all just replied that they would pass it on to their research and development dept. Maybe Ill start a campaign on these forum to get every rc nuts to email these company a request for these type of motors. Just think 20,000 rpm 4stroke 4cylinder motors in a drift car. I heard a 4stroke single in a touring car and it was still really awesome, but sounds more like a thumper dirtbike then an import car, plus the acceleration wasnt up to par.
  3. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

that sounds sexy...
    u shud try.
    LOL traxxas never responds to my emails....
    yeah i like the design that im working on so far, i think itll work...the only thing im worried about is finding a manufacturer...
    im thinking once i perfect it i mite sell it to a company...
    u know, like i get xyz % of the profit...
    i dont know...
    anyways thanks!
  4. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

btw y did you answer no?
    not that im mad or anything, im just wondering...
    do you not need them or dont want them?
    oh, check the poll description for a special surprise...
  5. jareb

jareb Guest

I dont need em thats all, I think its a cool idea though.