New Diorama for the CVR.

Will_annand

Well, I am at it again...

This time it is for a "Building Dioramas" clinic at the train show on Sunday.

I needed to build a small diorama for the clinic, so I looked around my layout for a likely spot. I had read an article in a back issue of The NGSL Gazette, entitled "A Farm For A Change", it featured a small farm on a hilltop. This got me thinking about the back of my layout in the center of the "wye".

I decided on "The Cabin On The Hill".

Cabin-On-The-Hill.jpg

I have put the Clinic Handout up on my website for anyone who would like to have a look. http://www.muskokacomputes.com/DioramaClinicHandout.pdf

UP SD40-2

Will, NICE PIC!:thumb: i downloaded your "Clinic Handout" VERY WELL DONE!!:thumb: , GREAT pics, LOTS of tips and VERY informative;) , I REALLY LIKED IT!!:thumb: :D . THANKS Will:D -Deano

Will_annand

Thanks Deano, I appreciate it.

I will be building the actual cabin on Sunday and will post more photos when I have it done.

Nazgul

Will
I downloaded your clinic as well. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and love of this hobby! I'll be printing it out to read and reference as I scenik my layout. It's AWSOME!

Will_annand

Thanks much Steve, I am always glad when I can help.

Well, the show is over for another year. On Saturday they had the same number of people through that we had both days last year. and Sunday was a good day as well. Last year we were down and had 700 people, this year we had 911 paid. Plus the vendors and members of exhibiting clubs.

I thought I was going to do a clinic, but instead got my own table and had to do the clinic all day. :) I got some work done on it, but mostly told people how easy and cheap it was. :D

I am tired tonight after working the Huntsville Dragon Boat Festival on Friday and Sat. and the Muskoka Model Train Show today. :sleeping:

Tomorrow night I will take some photos of the "Cabin on the Hill" diorama and post them.

Will_annand

Things on the hill are doing well, the cows are grazing, the horses are too. Ma is waiting for Pa, there is a cord of wood laid in for winter and a new door on the privy.

Diorama-CabinOnTheHill02.jpg

Diorama-CabinOnTheHill03.jpg

Diorama-CabinOnTheHill04.jpg

Diorama-CabinOnTheHill05.jpg

Diorama-CabinOnTheHill06.jpg

Diorama-CabinOnTheHill07.jpg

And yes, that is one of Robin's structures. :thumb:

Will_annand

Thanks Val, it is still a work in progress.

I want to continue the split rail fence and also the stone fence. Also trim the rails so they look less like railroad ties. :D

Also fix up the trail that goes behind the stone fence and out the back of the diorama.

Cecilia says I am too picky, but when I see something out of place, I want to get it right. :D

cn nutbar

hi will---an excellent tutorial---i'll be exploring the garden during the next lawn-cutting for materials---much appreciated,nutbar

ejen34

Many thanks for the great tutorial, I spotted a bit that may help me with some evergreens I am fussing with. Again many thanks!!