New Desktop Layout

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Well, crummy camera time, had to use my wife's cell phone. I built my farm scene onto a foam sheet. The layout now just needs some finishing touches before I take it to my office, will be sad to replace my nice blue lakes with black monitor stands. Hopefully, I can either fix my camera or find something good to take pictures with. May have to bring my webcam again.
barn.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
How were you planning to feather the gap between the farm module and the existing layout?

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Well, my new webcam definately takes better pictures of my layout than cellphones do. Here is the around the loop shot, and you can see I hid the seam aound the barn a lot better.

loop.jpg

This is a side of the barn view where you can see the cows and horses living together in harmony.

side.jpg

This is a view from the tracks behind the lake looking at the barn and house.

house.jpg

Lastly, I think I found my scene for all of my inventory pictures.

roster.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments and tips throughout this build!

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Scott...that scene came out great!!!!! The barn and house look perfect there.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great job on the video as well!....loved it and the music!:winker::thumb::thumb:

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Thanks Steve!:inw:

I made the video with my webcam and the audio was terrible (video wasn't so hot either, need to figure out if there is a way to change the frame rate) so I used Microsoft PhotoStory to make music the length of the video and then just attacted the two. I just didn't want to have a silent three minute video and I'm not ready to try and sync railroad sounds to motion like chessie4155 does (plus I don't have any railroad sounds).

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
I really like your new "desktop"...Great tour in your video...When does it go "home"..?
Have you ever thought of building one and putting it up for sale..??

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
I took it to my office last night and fortunately the monitors did fit, so it is already to be unveiled Monday morning. The wiring on the monitors isn't very pretty (hadn't thought about that) but I taped all the wires together so there is only one large wire hanging over the layout from each monitor. I put a big forest scene that I had as a wallpaper and it was almost a perfect match to continue on the scene with, will usually put some sort of forest or sky scene as the wallpaper for the next while. It looked pretty good there. On selling one, this is the first layout the I have been really "happy" with, so no I have never thought of building one to sell, plus I wouldn't know how much to sell it for to make it worth it or even if people were willing to pay that price. But thank you for thinking that it is nice enough to even think that I could make sellable layouts :)

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
That is one of the COOLEST things I have ever seen!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

I can hear it now.......
"I'm sorry, you have to work over-time"
"YEAY!!!!!!!!!!"

Scott that is beautiful!