New Crawler Transporter on eBay

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by George B, Dec 31, 2007.

1. George B

George B Senior Member

Looks like there's a new release of a 1/96 Crawler Transported on eBay from the same guy who designed the LUT I'm building.

2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Looks nice but I have to say it does seem a bit, well for a 1960 "new" machine, it looks way way too dirty...what do you think?
  3. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Too Rusty/Dirty

I agree....:mrgreen:
    This photo is Saturn V era.
    The model in general looks great but the caterpillar tracks and drive housing seem far too rusty for a Saturn V transporter.
    The tracks look more like 'Early Shuttle' before refurb to me.

Attached Files:

4. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

yeah I dont think that it looked that bad when I saw it in October, pity, it would have been an interesting addition to the situation

John John
  5. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

It is possible to remove or touch-up the weathered and rust look after scanning with Photoshop.:twisted:
    Just look at what George B has done with his current L.U.T build.
    Especially his M.L.P!!:eek:
    Nice introductory price at the moment(euro-$/£-$)
    Very tempting purchase to go with my L.U.T!!:mrgreen:

6. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

i found a link on the AXM crawler page that led to another website of a highly detailed model of the crawler...too bad the product is still in its designing phases. the link is Micro Artwork paper models this looks like a really fun build!:D
  7. Let's see I am 61---I don't think I will live long enough to see that one finished. You young guys will have to build it in your old age.
  8. mikew

mikew Member

Yes, I seem to recall seeing this way back in Spring '05 at about the same level of development. The latest news posting on this seems to be from last June. I keep losing the link to it though, so this time I'll have to keep it around.

9. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

lol i'm only 14 so it looks like i'm in luck:D i hope this model gets released by the time i'm real pro like you guys.:D
  10. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

With such a high parts count that this model will have :cry:
    It will take as long to build it,as it has taken to design it!!!:eek:
    Still looks great.........
  11. sprtnsky

sprtnsky New Member

Whoo on the comments

I know the person that is doing the best possible job to make the Crawler Transporter as accurate as can be with the info out there,,Micro Artwork paper models

There has been some set backs because of more info comes out, more changes are made to the plans.

That kit was to be a laser cut kit, but, cost took that away and now I remember that the kit should be something like punch out parts.

yeah, there are thousands of small parts, that is just the way things have worked out...

This a way to start posting to this group. (g)

I too have spent years on building a larger size crawler,, jus no one has built them to detail before with limited info.

1/48th crawler is a time consuming task... I'm jus trying to build one for now..
  12. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Thanks for the info on the crawler:thumb::thumb:
  13. Cyana

Cyana New Member

Current status of the Crawler model

Dear all,

thank you for your interest in the Crawler Transporter model and for your patience. Here you can see the model as it looks right now, together with a 1 Cent coin:

The test build of the truck is finished, now back to the drawing board for hopefully the very last time to design the cabling around the chassis and the cable tray at the bottom. Unfortunatelly, I have a very demanding day-time job, but I try to spend every free minute on this project.

best greetings and thank you