New construction on the layout

5450pete

May 10, 2005
It has been a while since I posted but here are the newest additions to the layout. Hopefully, I have figured out how to post photos...

A couple of Walthers kits, including a new passenger station made from the REA building, a new mine (for my oldest son), and some kind of trackside industry made from a LifeLike kit that I got real cheap. I am real happy with the brick on the station, the new configuration of the mine, and especially how the LifeLike kitbash came out. I used only materials that came with the kit except for some cereal board and office paper.

I still have to finish the small details and signage on all of them and weather them with inks...

What kind of structures have you guys been buildin'?

PICT6927a.jpg

PICT6928a.jpg

PICT6929a.jpg

PICT6931a.jpg

PICT6933a.jpg

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Not bad. It looks to me like you've done some kitbashing. I've thought about building a station or two for my new layout...but I still have around 9' of track left to lay and some tweaking to perform on my Y-turnout.

5450pete

May 10, 2005
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, lots of Scouting things going on this weekend (and Monday evening)! Thanks for the kind remarks. I am pretty excited about these projects and can't wait to get the first section of the layout scenery done including these facilities.

I'll keep you posted on the progress but it may be a little while. The pictures in the background of one shot are of my three little ones that help me keep busy. Of course they can turn into slave drivers when it comes time to get parts on the layout done!!