New comer to The Gauge

Jeffs_Railroad

Hi all, I'm Jeff from Connecticut and new to The Gauge and one year into model railroading. Had complete my first layout recently of the area in the state of PA known as the coal country and now planning and designing (hope to be able to accomplish) NYC Subway #5 Line from Cypress Ave to Dyer Ave in the Bronx. I hope to be able to answer questions, recommend, pass along the little knowledge I have and in return get help, tips and ideas from all of my fellow modelers.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Heya Jeff,

Welcome! I rode the NYC subways for years and it's always fun to see models of the trains I have been on. Looking forward to seeing photos of your layout! :thumb:

By the way, Trainland here on Long Island had some unbelievable deals on a set of LifeLike P1K HO-scale NYC "Redbird" R17 subway cars-- A set of 4 (1 powered, 3 dummy) for $80. Those would be appropriate for the #5 IRT if you haven't gotten those already.

Always glad to see a fellow 3rd-railer here! I got a Metro North/ConnDOT P32AC-DM in the works right now. :D

Russ Bellinis

I model Santa Fe in So California, so N.Y. city subways are far from anything I would run, but welcome to the Gauge. There are a lot of good folks here who are ready to help and an all around great comunity.

65GASSER

Hey Jeff! I've toyed with the idea of including a subway on my future layout, not scrapping the idea just yet either. :thumb: I guess I model in my own fantasy world. Trying to modernize fallen flag railroads and whatnot. Half the fun though! Looking forward to seeing some of your subway pictures. I'm sure you'll be done with yours before I even get mine started. sign1

Jeffs_Railroad

Jeremie, I hope to get started during winter recess, the week between christmas and new years. Have to redue my controls on the current layout making room for the subway and urban layout.