new cockpits and nozzles for OJIMAK's fleet

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Shin_kazama, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

just an upgrade....

2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

just so I understand... are you asking someone to design addons or upgrades for someone elses kits? Someone who has major issues with people altering his work?

Good luck with that.
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'm not being harsh but... As fact goes Ojimak is the last designer that I want to do a repaint/modification for... It'll be alright to do a cockpit in your spare time and keep it to yourself, but I wouldn't post anything, even pictures, on the internet. (Lex scratches his head trying to find that thread...) Hey here it is, read it for your pleasure! :D

If you still wish to persuit the idea after looking in there, try emailing Ojimak first ;)
  4. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Lex is right , Ojimak will be very angry if anyone medifies his models :curse::curse::curse:
    But how i've said before : who needs Ojimaks models ? And following this ideea I'm planning to design in the future a Alpha Jet for a new thread about La Patroulle de France . :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I love Ojimak's models. You can never have too many designers! But yes - he definitely does not like people modifying his work. Maybe if you ask him to allow it first you will get some volunteers :)
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

...Just to make sure... No we're definitely not being picky on Ojimak, who hasn't made one of his nice little jets... ;)
  7. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

well, I understand your(all of you concerned) vigilance against editing one's work...

Well, ALL i asked for is an UPGRADE, not an ORIGINAL FILE EDIT.

you know, like setting up your race car, getting parts from other makers, etc...

i also mean, we DO NOT have to EDIT ojimak's files, only make another cockpit, exhaust nozzle, canopy, even landing gears, TO ADD, not TO MODIFY THE SOFTWARE FILE(PDF), but to the paper model being built...

remember, ADDING NEW/BETTER PARTS does not mean modifying the original file..
  8. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Shin Kazama is correct in his statement. Model hobby industry-wide, it is an accepted (and desired) practice to market add-on accessories for specific models. Legally, once the model is released to the public, anyone can make add-on parts without having to license them.

In Ojimak's case, as long as one does not edit his files, even though they may not be copyrighted, anyone can make available any add-on or part they choose and make it available to the general public. Legally, they can sell those parts if they so choose.

Out of professional courtesy's sake, members of this forum do not make available to others modifications of original files that are not their own. However, the availabilty of add-ons (commonly referred to as "detail parts")that are not modifications of original files only makes the model more attractive. As an example, the Vandy F-4 would be even more attractive with a centerline travel pod.

I write for Hobby Merchandiser, a hobby industry trade magazine. My work over the past 14 years with the major manufacturers is my source of this information.
  9. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

thanks for the supportive quote..

exactly wthe message i try to get through.
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Well then, I think it's your choice Shin, feel free to do whatever you want ^^
  11. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

if any got ideas for nice scale add-ons, like intake internals, inner nozzles, pits and seats and gear, i would appreciate and build.

instructions, additional files, etc, would be anough.
  12. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Centerline travel pods, AIM-9 Sidewinder?

Great idea!
  13. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

14. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

15. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

The weapons from Kancho's site are in 1/48 , but you car resize them.