New Coal Car for the MF&W

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Here's a new Coal Car I built from a caboose... Why?? Because I didn't need a Caboose, but the LPB's were getting upset because they had to keep coming back for more coal.. :) :)
First: Heres the caboose. I had to cut it down to a respectable length, by cutting a 2" section out of the middle.

Attachments

• caboose001.jpg
    caboose001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 73
  • caboose001.jpg
    caboose001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 73

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
What desecration of such a neat little caboose. Obviously there were no heritage preservers in the LPB gang. I know you wanted to transport coal but dang me, did you have to pick the caboose to destroy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by Matthyro
What desecration of such a neat little caboose. Obviously there were no heritage preservers in the LPB gang. I know you wanted to transport coal but dang me, did you have to pick the caboose to destroy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know... It was a tough decision, but we had 3 cabeese & only 2 trains.. :( So we had to take it down. If it's any consolation, We will be recycling the "Body" for future use :) :)

Office space ? Perhaps? :)

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by jon-monon
Looks good, Mikey, glad King Kitty approves of your work. I'll bet with the expense of larger scale rollin' stock, it's easier to wack a caboose to avaid paying for a new tender. Sometimes I wack an HO scale caboose just for giggles.

Awwww jon -- ya found me out. :) The capital gains of the MF&W RR arent what they used to be :(

It was cheaper to wack the caboose by about 90% Savings :) :) :) Doing it "In House" is always cheaper.

Thanks!! :) :)