New Clerget file

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Richard, May 13, 2006.

1. Richard

Richard Member

2. Alcides

Alcides Member

Thanks !!!

This looks awesome.
  3. Brian Williams

Brian Williams New Member

i'm really going to enjoy the 1:11 scale engine...the 1:33 scale is still a bit tricky for me.
    thank you very much!
  4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Clerget 7-cylinder Rotary Engine Models

Hi Richard,

Those are beautiful models! Thanks for providing them for download.
    Do you think you could also provide a 9-cylinder rotary engine on your web page? Preferrably in two scales, like the 7-cylinder Clerget.

I would like a Le Rhône, Gnome, Göbel or Oberursel type for my Fokker models . . .

with best regards,
  5. Richard

Richard Member

there will be a Le Rhone pretty soon but only in 1/33 scale, just be patient....

6. Texman

Texman Guest

7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Le Rhône Rotary Engine Card Model in 1:33 Scale

Hi Richard,

Thanks for letting me (and everybody else) know about your plans. I´m sure it will be worth the wait.

best regards,
  8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Gnôme Monosoupape Rotary Engine Kit

Hi Ray,

Thanks for that link - it is an interesting page.
    The Gnôme is of the early single valve 9-cyl type (monosoupape), which was used in England in the De Havilland D.H.2 aeroplane, among others.
    A similar engine (a Gnôme copy), also with the push rods facing the front/propeller, was the Oberursel Ur. I, which was fitted to the early Fokker 'Eindeckers'.

The one I´m looking for is the slightly larger Oberursel Ur. II, Le Rhône or Goebel Goe 110 hp type, with the push rods facing the fire wall (away from the propeller). This type was fitted to the later WW I Fokkers, such as the Dr. I and the D.VIII.