New Category Please.

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Willja67, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I was just thinking it would be nice if we had a section of the forum to put links to 3 views and the like. I know that there is already a section for reference material and perhaps we could put in a subcategory, but it's awful hard to hunt through all the differnet posts to find where people have linked to sites with plan views. I suppose education might be an equally effective option but it is frustrating not to be able to find stuff like this that is so essential for designers to have.

My reason for this is I'm trying to find a 3view of the F-18(preferably with good panel line detail) so if someone could direct me I would appreciate it.
  2. buzuc

buzuc New Member

3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Go here

Click on first link
    Click on USA flag
    Click on McDonnell Douglas F18A/B Hornet

Has a download zip file (1078 KB) with four detailed .tif pictures including detailed exterior drawings, ejection seat, cockpit controls, and instrument layout.
  4. shrike

shrike Guest

The big problem I foresee with a 3-view area is the "C" word.

Copyright issues

I've got at least a shelf/meter of (or three shelf/feet if you prefer) of looseleaf aircraft 3v's and profiles culled from the last 70 years of published drawings, inherited from an old neighbor and my brother, both of whom were aviation historians of no mean skill.
    The idea has crossed my mind of scanning the whole schmear and making them available, but I don't want the hassles of dealing with IP issues or the accusations of piracy.
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Many thanks guys for your help, those links are excellent.

As far as copyright issues that didn't even cross my mind. I think a lot of us get so concerned about copyright protection for our models and forget that anything else can be copyrighted. At least I know I did.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.