New Cardmodel store opening....

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Aug 29, 2008.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OK folks, its time I let my little project out of the bag. I have made enough progress on it already to feel that it is definitely a green light!

I am going to open a card model store. It will be similar to Dewayne's store. I will only be offering downloadable models. I have approximately 14 designers on board already, some already are selling their own models and I will simply be a second outlet for them. Others have never sold before but have been designing for a while now. Some are even pretty new to the scene but show some remarkable talent. Some are long time veterans to the design arena. One thing I am certain of is that most of you are already quite familiar with many of the names you will see.....

I am hoping to find some more people to help out and make this a success.... I have two main purposes for the site. One is to fill the void left when Dewayne closed up shop, I know I sure miss him. The second is to help along all the new inspiring designers we have available to us now. I think we have some exceptional talent right under our noses and its about time they get something back for all the designing they have been doing for us.

The site is still heavily under construction and it could be some time before it opens. I need to collect models from all the designers (some have a LOT to send me and not all have high speed access) I also know that many of the designers I am working with have several new models nearly ready to roll out the door.

If anyone would like to join the design team please do let me know. Any levels of ability are welcomed. If you already sell your own models I would be happy to be a second outlet for you. If you know of anyone that may be interested in selling their models please do let me know as well or give them my email address. Speaking English is not a requirement (it certainly helps though)

This is where you come in.... :D

I am looking for people to fill a couple of job roles.

First and foremost I need beta builders. The beta builders will of course get sneak peeks at whats coming out and the model they beta will be free to them for their assistance. I would like as many beta builders as possible. Mostly because I don't want ANYONE to feel pressured to beta build. I already have a site forum going for the venture. I plan on having a section devoted just to our beta builds. Beta builds can also be posted on your personal choice of card modeling forums rather than in the store forums. The main purpose of the beta build site forum is so that if one of the designers needs a beta build done then all beta builders will be notified and can chime in if available.

Secondly I am looking for people that may not be interested in actual designing. I have ideas for people to do recolors, build threads, reviews and take pics. I have incentives planned for these activities.

On a side note - I do not expect to take anyone away from any forums. I would hope that any designing/recoloring/build threads would still be done in their forum of choice. It will help more people become interested in the hobby.

If interested please post here or contact via PM or Email. Let me know what you might like to do. Right now I do have a need for some Beta builders right away.

cgutzmer at gmail period com

Thanks all!
  2. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Good luck with the store. Hope all goes well.

Cheers JTF
  3. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Hmm, I'm thinking of selling some of my models, and this would be a great place to start!
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

well you know im always ready help where needed:)
  5. Triop

Triop Member

Let's make this work :thumb:
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks guys! Appreciate the support. :D
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Things are moving along nicely! I would like to send out a special request for people interested in repainting models. Some designers really enjoy the design aspect but would like to partner up with someone to get additional repaints done of their models.

Anyone who becomes an authorized repainter will also share in the profits and get 20% of the sale of each model they create as a repaint.

If you are interested please come sign up at my forum - this forum is strictly for talk about the shop and whatnot. It is not intended to replace design/build/recolor/any threads that you would normally put on your forum of choice :)

In your intro post please note that you would like to be a designer/beta builder/contributer - this will make things easier for me as people that fit into one of these roles gets special titles to we know who is actively participating. Anyone is free to join up if you so desire to see what we have going on with the store...
  8. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Good luck in your enterprise.
    When's the grand opening? Any japanese airplanes in the works?sign1
  9. Padre

Padre Guest

You can put my name in the hat for beta builders :steamtrain:
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Come sign up at the forum Padre :)

Shoki - there could be but I dont know for sure! Hope to open in a couple weeks - kinds depends on how fast the designers get me the models and how long it takes me to put them into the store :)
  11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Count me in Chris!
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

hey chris how do you feel about selling 1/1 scale guns? i know some people can be sensitive about such things.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Lex - come sign up :)

Nothing - I have no problem with that - we sell other military hardware ;) however I think that in keeping in line with toys we may be reqired to have that orange tip thingy. I dont really know for sure though....
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i wonder if put a orange "option part" would suffice?
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

that might do it :)
  16. Triop

Triop Member

Mick jagger want it painted black...:twisted:
  17. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I would prefer to do the review. You need someone who knows how to photograph up close with proper lighting to help sell the model. I'm the guy.

I'll let you know my preferences in a PM.
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hey folks - I am working on setting up a new initiative. An anti-piracy group. If you are interested in working on this with me please PM me. Dont post anything about it here. I would prefer all people that will be working with this remain anonymous to the remainder of the internet community.

p.s. I am making great progress on the new store. I am getting lots of new models put in. My current goal is opening October 31st. Entering the models is taking longer than expected though so it could take longer to open up....
  19. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

I can't wait to see your new store, Chris! I wish you loads of success with that and your new forum.

I saw some interesting ideas when browsing the new forum this evening, and LOTS of familiar "faces"!

My very best wishes!!

20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks Jim :) appreciate it!