new car

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Overdrive789, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overdrive789

Overdrive789 New Member

I am thinking about buying a new car, but i was wondering wat car i should get. I have had an MRC Hammerhead for four years, but i need something better. Should I get a nitro or an electric car? What car would be affordable, and would still be durable, powerful, and fast?? List one Electric car or a Nitro car that would be a good car for me.

Thanks for your help
  2. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

wel the duratrax evader is on the top of the list for atadium trucks for s durability, cost and speed, get the on with hte 2.5 engine htat thing rippppps, electric i would do like associated rc10t3 hing or somthing simmaler for elctric
    ok thats for the trucks, buggys are way to exspensive,
    for cars i would go with a traxxas 4 tec it is electric, and for nitro car traxxas also makes a nitro 4 tec with the 2.5 engine that thing can hit 60 mph, alittle on the high side of price range but a great car will last a long while
    hope this helps
  3. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Electric or Nitro?...

Its up to you, electric is alot easier to maintain and is less expensive. Run times are shorter but you dont have the extra expense of buying more fuel. Batteries can be used and charged hundreds of times (with a good charger). Its quiete too doesn't make too much noise.

Nitro is FAST and loud. You have to maintain the engine and filter clean, run after run oil. Run time is virtually endless as long as you keep the fuel coming. Most cars don't have reverse and the ones that do are generally more expensive.

Don't get me wrong both are a blast to drive, but if you are a begginner I suggest you go with an electric car.

Hope this helps.
  4. dudex

dudex Member

All I can say is dont get a duratrax. Parts are usually hard to get and in my experiance the cars do not work all that well, and the engines are trash.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.