New Camera, New Brass CNR Pacific

msowsun

Nov 1, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I just bought a new (second hand) Canon Digital SLR and tried it out at the club. The seller also had a 18-55mm lens he didn't need so I got both a Canon 10D 6mp and the 18-55mm lens for $405 USD.

Here is a shot of my friend's new brass Division Point J-7c CNR Pacific and links to the rest of the shots and the club website:

msowsun/Trains/Canon 10D DSLR - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.yorkrailwaymodellers.info/

I find this lens is ideal for model railroad photography due to the small minimum aperture (f36 at 55mm) and close focusing abilites (.28 meters or 11.4"). This is only about 5" from the front of the lens.

(Note: This lens is an EF-S mount and needed to be slightly modified on older Canon digital SLR's with the EF mount)

IMG_2922800.jpg

IMG_2922Data.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Beautiful quality picture. I've always been a fan of Canon. I'm trying to convince my wife that we need the newest digital model so I can take better pictures of my train. She's not going for it.

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hi mike---beautiful shot,excellent detail---i'm sure your friend is as happy with his new locomotive as i am with mine

5303w_062.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice loco, Mike and a great picture. Great price on the camera, too! :thumb: As the prices on the digital SLRs continue to drop, it becomes more and more tempting to spring for one, not only to be able to use the lenses that I already have, but also to be able to adjust the f-stop.

Wayne

msowsun

Nov 1, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
That is what I was thinking too. I had a Canon EOS 630 and some lenses just sitting on a shelf for the last 4 years. I decided to take the plunge and get a used Canon Digital SLR that could use the same lenses.

There are some great deals out there for used DSLR's that are only a few years old. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. I am happy with their castoffs.