New but very able

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by WWTimothy, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWTimothy

WWTimothy New Member

New to this forum thing and dont have a clue as to what all this lingo jargon and symbolism is about but I will use whatever necessary in order to squeeze information from you for my selfish craft. Where can I find advanced airplane card models preferably in english? I have been playing with these 3 card wonders long enough. I am ready to tackle a challenge. I have invented a few techniques that I hope to share and with your help I hope to create some card models of my own in the near future.
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well you have come to the right place. I would suggest starting with something of the Modelik line then move into Halinski. They are not English but you can build from the diagrams quite well. many times you can find a build thread to follow too. Gremir models are all extremely good too and I would reccomend ANY of those to someone that wants a medium to high challenge (based on model chosen)
  3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I understand Dr. Zarkov's models at ML Paper Models: Home Page are quite challenging.

We love pictures here so post all you can. As we say: :needpics:

Elliott :mrgreen:
  4. sakrison

sakrison Member

Two kits that I found excellent as intermediate projects:
    Fly Models: Ki-45 Toryu and Maly Modelarz' B2N5 "Kate" (below). Neither has English instructions but both have excellent drawings and good fit.

Modelart's Westland Whirlwind is another good kit and Dr. Zarkov provides very good instructions and drawings. I've also seen good reviews of the Beaufighter from Paper Aircraftwerks. GPM's F-4 Phantom is a great kit--get the aftermarket clear canopy.

Halinski's Hawker Hurricane and Me-109 are good introductions to advanced kits. For a little practice, build Ralph Currell's V-1 Buzz Bomb--a free download and a very nice model.

Browse the stores (Paper Model Store-- others), find a couple of airplanes you'd like to build, and come back here for advice on which one you should start with. That's what we're here for.

No worries,

Attached Files:

5. dansls1

dansls1 Member

GeeBee R1
    Here is a nice free kit with a bit over 200 pieces (100 of which are the radial engine) to get you an introduction to some of the more advanced kits ;)
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Paper Models International ( has some nice kits with English instructions. They are apparently under their own brand...PMI. There are about eight kits, primarily American WWII, with the usual culprits present (P-51, Wildcat, P-38, etc) in the lineup. They are reasonably priced (under $10) as well. They even include a piece of clear plastic for making the canopies with.
  7. WWTimothy

WWTimothy New Member

All I can say is "I'm impressed that this forum thing really works". Direction, confidence, knowledge and just being taken seriously. I'll let you guys know what I decide to build and give progress and photos.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.