New built in

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
I am trying to post a picture of a layout plan, but I run into a problem with trying to get it to fit here. Not as legible as I would like. I will continue to experiment and will hopefully come up with a picture everyone can easily see.

(edit) OK, this seems to be an acceptable rendering. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• layout1.jpg
    layout1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 256

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
Who Knew?

I guess I have mastered the art of layout planning. If no one can come-up with any improvements, it must be perfect. :D Jon, the left leg is in a closet and there is a very slight possibility that I may get to extend it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was thinking of making the 1' deep middle section just a bit deeper to widen the radius of the curve on the left and allow for a few more industies, but I am worried about accessing the far left corner.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Maybe the more operations minded folks could chime in, but I wonder if it would be best to shift the yards from the upper right more to the center (perhaps widening the middle a little as you say), so you have an easy reach to the yards?

On the corner, looks like an adequate 24" radius? If more is important, maybe you can make the corner "dead" where there isn't much reason to reach back there very often once it's scenicked? The trick would be to scenick it completely before begining to scenic any of hte forground. You would also want to keep the area in front of the back track pretty open for reaching any derailments with the old pink* sky hook.

* other colors may be substituted accordingly.

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
staging

My origional intent was to have that be a high density, downtown area, I guess I better make the track bullet proof hmm?

The two tracks in the upper right will actually descend and curve around to a staging area under the middle section...

Looking at it, I just realized I would have to back the trains off of the layout. ( or on, depending on direction)