New blood on the old traction L/O

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Chessie1973 said:
Unfortunartely this is as close as my layout will be able to come to having traction on it due to the setting of a small rural town and all.

How small to a rural town? Part of the point of interurban traction was to reach small rural towns and provide them with a cheap, fast way to get goods and people from remote rural locations to regional towns and cities.

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Well I am sorta modeling a range of eras with the town really. but it is a small Eastern United States sort fo town like what you find in the Smokey Mountains of north Carolina or similar.

I am modeling Upt o around the GP-38 days or so.

I currently have CSX , Clinchfield and B&O all running on these rails to give you an idea.

It is basically a time warp layout that we can run for enjoyment of whatever trains we feel like really, But I enjoy sitting in here on the computer and listening to the trains run all the same.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Then why is the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the background?
Heh, that is actually a stack of clear plastic containers thjat those tiny little craft beads come in that I use to organise my Kadee couplers and all the misc. things that go with them like the springs, shims, coupler boxes etc.
In other words, .........the leaning tower of "parts..a" :eek:ops: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: