New blood on the old traction L/O

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
As I have been hinting :rolleyes: I have rewired the basics to alow new blood to earn revenue on the traction right of way.
here are a few shots of the "intruders". :D

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 115
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 109

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Those look great Interurban.

One question for you. In the next to last picture it looks like the Diesel is leaning really close to the Traction unit and the next shot the boxcar seems to be leaning.

Is that just the camra playing tricks or is the track there a little lopsided?

Those models look great. Don't worry though. After a while those diesel guys will get tired of thier hair standing on end running under all those wires :D

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
interurban said:
Thanks Chessie.
I think the track lifted a while back, gives them the old rock and roll that you see on the real thing.
I `ll have to ceck it of with the MOW boys. :D

Didnt mean to nitpick you or anything. I was just wondering if you noticed that or not. Didn't want all your wonderful models derailing and having to go to the repair shop was all.

You layout just amazes me with all the detail it has and the overhead and track being live just blows my mind as to how you do things.

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Heh, that is actually a stack of clear plastic containers thjat those tiny little craft beads come in that I use to organise my Kadee couplers and all the misc. things that go with them like the springs, shims, coupler boxes etc.

Works great to keep all those tiy part organised and easily visible, especially the knuckle springs that you need a microscope to see to replace them.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Chris, isn't there a certain danger that your shop forces rip out those noisy, stinking, oil-dripping diesel motors and replace them with clean, softly humming transformers and power step switches? Then all you need is a pantograph on top - and your 'new blood' will be truly assimilated! :D :D :D :D :D :D

(Ok, ok, you diesel lovers, I'm ducking behind a big, massive wall and won't say one more peep about this issue... :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: )

Ron ;) :D

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Ron,, I though it would be nice of me to accomadate a few stinky oil dripping diesels , as it did use to happen. :( :D
They do complement the rest of the era.
Still doing the wiring on the other side of the L/O,
,,, :D no swear words yet,,,,,,,, yet :thumb: