New BiPolar Capacitor-Discharge Controller

GRSJr

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Please check out the modern bi-polar instant charge capacitor discharge circuit. It has ZERO
time delay, requires only a small capacitor. a SPST ordinary toggle for Kato machines(DPDT for twin-coil machines), and there is no complicated electronics involved.

The circuit is fully described in the May issue of Mainline Modeler with a follow-up article
which has even more details in the current issue (June).

Several of us have been using this circuit for more than 3 years with excellent results.

In my control panel, I use Radio Shack Push-Push SPDT switches (RS 275-1555) because I like push-buttons, but SPST toggles work just as well.

The articles show a physical layout where the push-buttons are finger-spaced for good operation and compact size. This layout requires no complicated PC boards. The parts mount directly on the switches and a terminal strip (RS 274-0680) which provides the means of connecting to the switch machines.

The circuit was conceived to operate UniTrack turnouts, but it works great with twin-coil machines as well.

Check it out, Once you've used this circuit, you'll never want to go back to ordinary circuits.

Ray Stilwell
[/font]

blackcaddis

Bipolar capacitor Discharge

I know its an old thread, but does any body have any information on this (or other) capacitor discharge unit. the link in the thread no longer works.

Is this something that can be purchased? If so, where?
thanks